As I've said recently I'm praying over something. Although it feels like I'm in midst of a battle. A uphill climb that's NEVER ENDING! And I'm tired, angry , hurt, confused , and did I say tired! So recently I had enough. I was going to have a confirmation. I was fired up! I had had this conversation in my head several different times and each time I'm in the right.
But then something stopped me. The Holy Spirit guided me to some verses to avert my attitude.
Philippians 2:6 "your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. "
Philippians 4:6 " do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. "
Philippians 1:6 " being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. "
Okay! Now I was frustrated that I wasn't going to get to find out if all those conversations in my head were right. But let's be honest what I was going to say wasn't helping my cause or build any bridges to what I've been praying for. I was reminded that God's got this and I just need to keep praying. And instead of going in like a bull in a china shop I went into a recent conversation with love. Amazing things happened. Progress was made. Not fully complete but still holding onto God's promise.
But then something stopped me. The Holy Spirit guided me to some verses to avert my attitude.
Philippians 2:6 "your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. "
Philippians 4:6 " do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. "
Philippians 1:6 " being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. "
Okay! Now I was frustrated that I wasn't going to get to find out if all those conversations in my head were right. But let's be honest what I was going to say wasn't helping my cause or build any bridges to what I've been praying for. I was reminded that God's got this and I just need to keep praying. And instead of going in like a bull in a china shop I went into a recent conversation with love. Amazing things happened. Progress was made. Not fully complete but still holding onto God's promise.
Comments
Post a Comment