Skip to main content

Slow.as. a. snail.

Slow.as.a.snail. That's how I would describe child #1 in the morning. She likes to get up at the crack of dawn but takes her sweet ol' time getting ready. And is distracted many times along the way. Last year I had her take pictures of what things she needed to get done. Hoping that it would keep her from getting distracted and forgetting what needs to be done. To eliminate any morning hang ups she and I pick out her clothes for the week and they are laid out ready to grab and go. Her sandwiches are made and all her lunch items are organized in a basket in the fridge/pantry for easy packing.

 It works to a degree, at least I don't find myself yelling and getting frustrated trying to remember what needs to get done on her list while trying to get myself and the babies ready. Breakfast is the last thing on the list, in hopes that a growling stomach will be motivation. Sometimes it is, sometimes its not.

But I still find myself saying {in my head} "why can't you speed things up? your sister has been up 45 minutes less than you and she's already done with her list. Let's move this thing along" or I find myself helping her too much trying to keep her moving as the clock is ticking for her to get on the bus. I even have an ongoing punishment: if you dilly dally and miss the bus...I will take you to school but you will clean toilets when you get home. So far no toilet cleaning.

So I have to take a deep breath and find encouraging words. "You are almost done with your list, keep it up." Words that don't hurt her or compare her to anyone else. She's special and unique. She's my curly headed monster who's growing up and needing some room to spread her wings. She's creative and funny. She loves to dance and sing.

I could really see her as an adult  who watches the news and has 2 cups of coffee before 7 then gets to her day.  I guess in her world slow and steady wins the race! Love her!



Here's other's who have perfect lives too!

Comments

  1. i love this. it's amazing how our little ones know exactly how to push our buttons. thanks for linking up! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December Ten on Ten

It has been awhile since I've posted a Ten on Ten. Today we were away so you of course get the traveling version...and maybe a little Traveling Jesus! An early morning selfie Only the best potato chips ever! I can only get them in NW Ohio, so when in Paulding County! Traveling Jesus mad it once again through the plains of NW Ohio It's Christmas time in Antwerp! Grandma Norma, the girls, the baby and Mimi Becky...what a full house! I couldn't decide between cherry or blueberry pie, so I chose both! The sister and sister in law helping with the kids craft Add caption Leaving my parent's home Grabbed dinner out

A JOURNEY OF THE HEART

"No NO No NO NO No!" That was a recent entry into my journal. I was asked to do something that I without a shadow of a doubt knew it was God asking me to do it. AND I DIDN'T WANT TO! I literally followed it with 2 pages of ME telling God why I didn't want to do it and why I couldn't do it. Yes 2 pages.  Wow! I strapped on my toddler attitude and went to town. *Flashback to 1 month ago* Child #1's Kindergarten teacher, Kara,  also  attends the church we attend and we occasionally see each other at the same service. Well, one particular evening we got to talking and she asked me to join our church's version of VBS. We go to the west side {off campus} of town to the Somalian population and do a day time VBS and lunch for these kids for an entire week. Cool part, my own kids can come and be apart of the "missions trip."  What an invaluable a lesson to my kids to show love to others! Kara is heading crafts and wanted me to craft it up with her. ...

serving with a grateful heart

1 Peter 4:10 "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." This year my little gang of cheerios and I have been working on being intentional about serving. To be honest for a long time the excuses of having to many littles was beginning to wear thin. Now I have been looking for opportunities that my littles could easily accomplish. Yesterday, we attended a Lenten service at our church. It was a beautiful Prayer walk. We walked through stations, preparing our hearts for this season of Lent. It was a perfect activity for our family to do together. In the Lenten study package was The Names of God Bible reading challenge . I am really thrilled to focus in on the Names of God for this season. Preparing my heart for the Easter season. So today, the sanctuary needed cleaned. All the stations needed put back in the closets and offices that they were borrowed from. Little ...