Skip to main content

Parent of the Year

Sometimes as a parent you succeed. Everyone is healty and happy. Your feeling good. Then one child does something that will probably get atleast your parent of the year award revoked and hopefully not have children's services called on you.

You see, my pooh bear, is THAT child. She is always keeping me on my toes and sometimes pushing my buttons. No matter how much I've baby-toddler-preschooler proofed my house she finds the ONE thing to cause havoc. This time on herself.

A few days ago we took her to Cookie Cutters to get her hair cut. My brother is getting married and she was starting to look a little shaggy. She got a C.U.T.E.  little bob that highlighted her chubby cheeks.


I then, on that fateful day, sent her to nap. I know my 3 year old really naps...well most days. We will not speak of the day she talked her brother into taking off his clothes so she could cover him in "bum bum lotion" {vaseline}. CLOSING EYES...DEEP BREATHES.....I really think she could sell ice to an eskimo.

After 2 hours I heard movement from her room and called for her to come down. Just like our regular routine. She didn't come down right away...hmmmmm....I called for her again....she s.l.o.w.l.y came down with a big smile on her face.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?????" I said calmly as not to ruin my parent of the year status.



"I cut my bangs!" She proudly stated.

"With what??????" I questioned.

"Blue scissors." And then she showed me what blue scissors. You know the ones you get when your baby is an infant to cut their nails. Yep, she found those and decided they were haircutting appropriate.

She didn't seem to mind in fact she was quite proud of herself. REALLY?!?

Well there goes my parent of the year status. I glad she wasn't hurt but I haven't had Christmas card pictures take, my brother's wedding is Saturday, my grandpa's funeral was yesterday. Its not like I can keep her hidden for the next month she will be seen by lots of people. SIGH!


 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  2 Corinthians 12:9

Guess there's a few more bigger things in life to worry about than few strands of hair that will grow back in a few months. Hopefully no one for the parent of the year committee is reading this and I will be able to keep my trophy! :)
I wil be linking up with Hill's blog to see the other perfect parents!




Comments

  1. OH NO!!!!!! This is when lots of hair accessories are needed. How about one of those knit-like headbands with a flower on it. You could get red or green flowers and make them yourself. They sell the headbands and flowers and pretty much any craft store. I know I've seen them at Hobby Lobby and JoAnns.

    Something like this http://s2.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/54AE8CB6.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. wow. that was quite a cut! glad you got a photo of the before and after, though! thank you for linking up! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a mom who encourages creativity and independence. sorry, i can't stop laughing. what will she do next!? love that girl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 on 10

So I've seen some friends do this 10 on 10. Basically its 10 pictures on the 10th that give a snapshot into your day. Guess what time the mama gets up? Little man the earliest of my early risers today... 6:40 Heading to the bus stop and guess what we needed for a second day in a row! Its Thursday so we head to CBS. Studying 1 &2 Kings this year. Lunch for #1 when she gets off the bus! "PB &J everyday" During his lack of nap time, little man posed in front of the giant load of laundry I was working on. Girls are just jamming to their own beat! Tonight's vegetable {for mommy and daddy} oven roasted bacon wrapped aspargus!!!!!!!!!!! Dessert tonight a few Wilbur buds from Litiz PA. Sweet heaven {ok so I didn't take this pic...I couldn't get the right one..just couldn't capture the yumminess} Maybe tonight I finally make a decision on where we are going to stay for vacation?? So that's my day in a nutshell! http://rebekahgough.b...

My little {BIG} fear

So here's my little confession: I have big fears and little fears. But lately one particularly has been plaguing me { AGAIN }. It is the fear of being forgotten, more so being { FORGETTABLE } and indivisible. I don't know what starts it or triggers it, but it can be as simple as an email offering to volunteer for something than not hearing a reply. I guess the last trigger was a group wide calendar was sent out with {every one's} birthday on it except mine. I know that is wasn't done on purpose but my birthday is a sensitive subject to me. Its always been forgotten. Its right around Labor day and the first week of school. So in the busyness its often overlooked. Or in the case of 6th grade its not even written on the calendar. Mrs. Brotherton I think I know when my birthday is...but she still made me go to the Principal's office for arguing with her and I came back successfully with a note that I was indeed correct about knowing my birthday. I digress... I was telli...

serving with a grateful heart

1 Peter 4:10 "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." This year my little gang of cheerios and I have been working on being intentional about serving. To be honest for a long time the excuses of having to many littles was beginning to wear thin. Now I have been looking for opportunities that my littles could easily accomplish. Yesterday, we attended a Lenten service at our church. It was a beautiful Prayer walk. We walked through stations, preparing our hearts for this season of Lent. It was a perfect activity for our family to do together. In the Lenten study package was The Names of God Bible reading challenge . I am really thrilled to focus in on the Names of God for this season. Preparing my heart for the Easter season. So today, the sanctuary needed cleaned. All the stations needed put back in the closets and offices that they were borrowed from. Little ...