Tuesday was 10 on 10. I started out really strong...I mean I remembered before noon!
But shortly after 9 am my husband called me from work. He told me he was no longer employed and would be home soon. GULP! My 10 on 10 got a little sidetracked but this is the story!
I called a good friend and she prayed immediately on the phone. We cried and laughed. I had gotten all the emotion out of my system because I didn't know what state he would be when he came home. I wanted to be strong not a blubbering mess. Surprisingly he was in great spirits. You see he had been wanting to leave for sometime now. In fact, he had thought about it during the summer...then it was in the fall...then after the new year. All the delays had great excuses. Yet, they were still excuses. Maybe this is God' way of moving the hubs on to a new adventure a little faster.
The hubs is a bit of a private man and usually plays his cards close to his chest. He doesn't reveal much and is very reserved. My tendency is to tell as many people as possible. I had to refrain from this urge. I wanted him to take the lead. I wanted to talk to him. But you know what I wasn't able to talk to him. His boss was also let go that day so he was hanging out at our house and one of the other co workers. The phone was blowing up. The hubs had made so many calls that at one point I was answering phones just to pass to one of the guys.
I may have been a little jealous. He was pouring his story out to every former employee, salesperson and consultant he knew. He wanted to let them know he was looking for a job and was cashing in some favors.
He is having to network like never before.
We told our kids when they came off the bus. They knew something was up, daddy was home in the middle of the day. He declared that he was trusting God to lead us to our new adventure and that God would provide. The girls had no questions. They were okay with the fact that God will open another door for us sometime soon.
Around midnight, the hubs and I went to bed. After the dust settled and everything was quite he was ready to talk to me. That my friend was when we had a conversation. A conversation that lasted until 2:30 am and then began again around 5:30 am. It was good. Tiring but good.
We've made it through the first week. I haven't run over him yet. Yes, he's disrupting our routine. Yes, he's showing me up by being a better house wife. But to be honest, its nice to see him smile and laugh. This week was going to be so crazy with extra school things, because we didn't have to deal with his unpredictable work schedule the week went smoothly. Thank you God.
So today we are praying for a new job. Here, there, or anywhere. We are just trusting in God.
"The God who never changes is the tour guide through the chaos." A recent quote I heard and is never more true today!
Linking up late to Rebekah
But shortly after 9 am my husband called me from work. He told me he was no longer employed and would be home soon. GULP! My 10 on 10 got a little sidetracked but this is the story!
I called a good friend and she prayed immediately on the phone. We cried and laughed. I had gotten all the emotion out of my system because I didn't know what state he would be when he came home. I wanted to be strong not a blubbering mess. Surprisingly he was in great spirits. You see he had been wanting to leave for sometime now. In fact, he had thought about it during the summer...then it was in the fall...then after the new year. All the delays had great excuses. Yet, they were still excuses. Maybe this is God' way of moving the hubs on to a new adventure a little faster.
The hubs is a bit of a private man and usually plays his cards close to his chest. He doesn't reveal much and is very reserved. My tendency is to tell as many people as possible. I had to refrain from this urge. I wanted him to take the lead. I wanted to talk to him. But you know what I wasn't able to talk to him. His boss was also let go that day so he was hanging out at our house and one of the other co workers. The phone was blowing up. The hubs had made so many calls that at one point I was answering phones just to pass to one of the guys.
I may have been a little jealous. He was pouring his story out to every former employee, salesperson and consultant he knew. He wanted to let them know he was looking for a job and was cashing in some favors.
He is having to network like never before.
We told our kids when they came off the bus. They knew something was up, daddy was home in the middle of the day. He declared that he was trusting God to lead us to our new adventure and that God would provide. The girls had no questions. They were okay with the fact that God will open another door for us sometime soon.
Around midnight, the hubs and I went to bed. After the dust settled and everything was quite he was ready to talk to me. That my friend was when we had a conversation. A conversation that lasted until 2:30 am and then began again around 5:30 am. It was good. Tiring but good.
We've made it through the first week. I haven't run over him yet. Yes, he's disrupting our routine. Yes, he's showing me up by being a better house wife. But to be honest, its nice to see him smile and laugh. This week was going to be so crazy with extra school things, because we didn't have to deal with his unpredictable work schedule the week went smoothly. Thank you God.
So today we are praying for a new job. Here, there, or anywhere. We are just trusting in God.
"The God who never changes is the tour guide through the chaos." A recent quote I heard and is never more true today!
Linking up late to Rebekah
Thank you for being so open. Your testimony is an encouragement to me. What sort of job is your husband looking for? I will keep my ears open. PS Great pics. :)
ReplyDelete