Recently, I was able to have an amazing conversation with my 8 yr old. This is a story of God's grace. God answered the prayer of a mom who was praying for a Christian friend for her daughter. Her daughter was transitioning into public school from being home schooled. This mom wanted a someone for her daughter that shared her convictions and faith. Her prayer was answered....above and beyond.
You see we were that answer to prayer. Those 2 girls have become great friends. There has even been a play date. I don't always okay play dates with kids I don't know or for that matter parents. But you see this was different. I already knew her parents. The hubs and I went to college with them. In fact I was an apartment mate of mom and hubs was an apartment mate of the dad. How cool of God to bring us back into each others paths again.
So when this mom was praying for her daughter she had know idea how God would answer that above what she was asking for. Child #1 and I had a great talk about how God does that, answers beyond what you can imagine.
We have even had dinner this year to catch up with this family. I must say it was a whole bunch of crazy with their 6 children and our 4. It was beautiful to see what God is doing.
I brought dessert....but the plate was the special treat that I can't tell you about just yet...
You see we were that answer to prayer. Those 2 girls have become great friends. There has even been a play date. I don't always okay play dates with kids I don't know or for that matter parents. But you see this was different. I already knew her parents. The hubs and I went to college with them. In fact I was an apartment mate of mom and hubs was an apartment mate of the dad. How cool of God to bring us back into each others paths again.
So when this mom was praying for her daughter she had know idea how God would answer that above what she was asking for. Child #1 and I had a great talk about how God does that, answers beyond what you can imagine.
We have even had dinner this year to catch up with this family. I must say it was a whole bunch of crazy with their 6 children and our 4. It was beautiful to see what God is doing.
I brought dessert....but the plate was the special treat that I can't tell you about just yet...
Comments
Post a Comment