A nagging thought. Your heart beats a little faster. You can't ignore it. You don't know where it came from or why, BUT you know who. It's the urging of the Holy Spirit. It doesn't always make sense to you or it isn't always convenient.
That was last Thursday for me. Well, lets be honest I may have been ignoring that voice for a few days. I had a plan and THIS was not working into the plan. Besides do you know how crazy Thursday's are for me? They are super busy and I barely make it out of the door alive or in one piece.
I am on my way to Bible study as soon as I get the older two on the bus. I usually throw dinner in the crock pot (if I don't forget) and I have to make lunches for the littles to eat in the car ride home. I mean it is CRAZY! I was making bean soup and forgot to soak the beans the night before. This urging was just going to have to be ignored.
But that would be disobedient. So I thought if I get all this stuff done I could possible do what the Holy Spirit was wanting me to do. Only if everything else was done. And guess what I had an unbelievable amounts of time to get everything done and then some.
My urging was to give my friend a plate of cookies. So I made cookie dough from scratch and a fresh batch of cookies that morning. They even had time to cool before I put them on the special plate.
I wasn't sure why NOW was needed. I was going to do it this week when I had my big cookie baking weekend with the kids. I need to share this story with you and my kids because I don't know who this reminder is for. Me, the kids, my friend or someone out in blog land.
I don't' always follow that small voice. But today I am glad that I did.
Comments
Post a Comment