So we've had two weeks of school. And to be honest they've been less than stellar. I don't think the older girls realized how overwhelmed they we're going to be starting a new school. I really don't think they knew they would be the only new kids in their class.
They got on the bus the first day fine but came home in absolute tears. And the preceding days were filled with "I don't want to go to school!!!!!!!" And "can you homeschool me!!!!!!!!!"
Now we have lots of homeschooling friends but I don't believe we are called to do that option. If we were to decide to I don't want it to be a knee jerk reaction to a few bad days.
So despite the yuck here's some of the blessings of the past few weeks:
1. Watching 2 neighbor kids in the morning has been an encouragement , motivation and blessing for my kids.
2. Being able to make a quick lunch for said neighbor kid who forgot his at home.
3. Extra snuggles from my girls who were apprehensive each morning.
4. Being able to pray over my girls each morning to calm fears.
5. Knowing my friends and family are praying for my girls.
6. My husband's close proximity from work to home so that he could rescue me and my flat tire.
7. My husbands willingness to switch vehicles so I didn't miss too much CBS training.
8. My husband's sense of humor when I botched his haircut.
9. Spending time with some great ladies in prayer before the throne of God.
10. Neighborhood friends....after only living here 2 months!
11. Kids teachers who have responded quickly and with grace to my emails. Lots and lots of emails !
12. The kids starting to make community connections in church, school and dance.
13. A new dance studio giving us an opportunity to capatilize on child' #1's dream.
14. A recent date night at a new to us resteraunt.
15. 2 girls who with smiles skipped onto the bus without tears!!!!!




Comments
Post a Comment