So, this year the hubs and I said , "let's not give each other gifts since we are redoing the bathrooms. " OKAY! Let's be honest I am not a good gift giver yo the hubs. He's practical. So he doesn't like kitschy or funny gifts. And what I find funny he doesn't. I was off the hook.
About 5 -6 weeks before Christmas he took all the kids out for an undisclosed activity. I was okay with this since I got to do grocery shopping by myself. A luxury for sure! They came back and no one would let me in on the secret. Not even the baby!!!
A few days later I did find out by accident that they went to hobby lobby. Only because little man and the baby and I walked in and they said "oh we were just here with daddy!" Oops! But nothing else no other hints were given.
About 1 1/2 weeks before Christmas a present appeared under the tree. A large wrapped box. You see I do ALLL the shopping for Christmas and frankly mostly all online. 99% of my gift purchases are finished by October. So I know what comes in and what has been wrapped. This was not on my radar. I panicked !!!! I inquired the dear hubs and got his patented head tilt/ smiley look. The kids chimed in with , " he made you something!"
Now my heart is racing and I'm sweating. Although I know he doesn't care if he gets a gift, it wasn't going to be fair. I know that I am never able to out give him, because he's good at it. That's his love language. I had to come up with something.
I scoured the internet. BEST GIFTS Of 2014. Nothing! He's techy. He doesn't like hokey. I couldn't just do a gift card...too impersonal. Ahhhhh!
I found lots of "stuff of the month club" but I was out of time and frankly too expensive. I didn't think he'd like 12 mo of BBQ sauce. But then a lightbulb came on....
About 5 -6 weeks before Christmas he took all the kids out for an undisclosed activity. I was okay with this since I got to do grocery shopping by myself. A luxury for sure! They came back and no one would let me in on the secret. Not even the baby!!!
A few days later I did find out by accident that they went to hobby lobby. Only because little man and the baby and I walked in and they said "oh we were just here with daddy!" Oops! But nothing else no other hints were given.
About 1 1/2 weeks before Christmas a present appeared under the tree. A large wrapped box. You see I do ALLL the shopping for Christmas and frankly mostly all online. 99% of my gift purchases are finished by October. So I know what comes in and what has been wrapped. This was not on my radar. I panicked !!!! I inquired the dear hubs and got his patented head tilt/ smiley look. The kids chimed in with , " he made you something!"
Now my heart is racing and I'm sweating. Although I know he doesn't care if he gets a gift, it wasn't going to be fair. I know that I am never able to out give him, because he's good at it. That's his love language. I had to come up with something.
I scoured the internet. BEST GIFTS Of 2014. Nothing! He's techy. He doesn't like hokey. I couldn't just do a gift card...too impersonal. Ahhhhh!
I found lots of "stuff of the month club" but I was out of time and frankly too expensive. I didn't think he'd like 12 mo of BBQ sauce. But then a lightbulb came on....
A MARK OF THE MONTH CLUB!!!!!!!
I would get him gifts for each month that fit him. Each gift is labeled by month.
Rules: he opens one gift on Christmas Day and preceding 1st of each month. So this canvas tote with Christmas paper wrapped gifts will be sitting there out in the open waiting for each month to pass by.
The littles were with me and in just a few hours and a few stores we were able to pick out some items that would please him. Some items are month specific. But just in case he gets a hankering to start reading my blog I will not be able to reveal it all at once. I'll update each month!
Christmas Day: movie and popcorn for family movie
(Fire and rescue planes movie that little man has had his eye on)
January : Jesus calling 365 day devotional
February : undershirts &; iTunes gift card
March:2 jars of unusual salsa (which we didn't actually care for)
April- we wrapped this one in duct tape for April fools day! The complete Indiana jones collection
May - a Kentucky Wildcats spatula
June- several unusual BBQ sauces and a Star Wars t-shirt
July
August
September
November
December
Comments
Post a Comment