Ok, so I have been stalking blogs for quite sometime now and thought I'd give it try.
So I have an ambitious 2 weeks planned: 1) Weaning my 12 month old from the bottle and 2) Potty train the 2 yr old. All while my 5 yr old is off at her grandparents for VBS 3 hours from her adoring siblings.
So this week past week I am treating his last can of formula like gold. Just little bits boy, you gotta make it last. Not doing so bad down to just 2 small bottles a day which is soooo much better than the 5 bottles a day he was at 2 weeks ago!
I also thought I would start slowly by bribing the 2 yr old with candy...she loves loves loves candy and doesn't get much EVER! But each time she sits on the potty this week (btw it is in our family room-nobody said I had decorating skills) she gets a skittle. The the turkey figured out that if she kindly asks her sister with an emphatic PWWWEEESE (purple, yellow or orange following it) her sister would jump at it and skittles would be given to her like she was the pope. One time I looked around and the two were pulling down panties and skittles were a flying. Well a few more skittles this week than I had planned on but she's at least sitting there and we've even had one success story. Which ended in MORE skittles.
Now next week we will see how it goes. This will be the 2nd time my 5yr old has gone to the other mimi and papa for an entire week by herself. She loves the one on one time and the SPOILING!
So I have an ambitious 2 weeks planned: 1) Weaning my 12 month old from the bottle and 2) Potty train the 2 yr old. All while my 5 yr old is off at her grandparents for VBS 3 hours from her adoring siblings.
So this week past week I am treating his last can of formula like gold. Just little bits boy, you gotta make it last. Not doing so bad down to just 2 small bottles a day which is soooo much better than the 5 bottles a day he was at 2 weeks ago!
I also thought I would start slowly by bribing the 2 yr old with candy...she loves loves loves candy and doesn't get much EVER! But each time she sits on the potty this week (btw it is in our family room-nobody said I had decorating skills) she gets a skittle. The the turkey figured out that if she kindly asks her sister with an emphatic PWWWEEESE (purple, yellow or orange following it) her sister would jump at it and skittles would be given to her like she was the pope. One time I looked around and the two were pulling down panties and skittles were a flying. Well a few more skittles this week than I had planned on but she's at least sitting there and we've even had one success story. Which ended in MORE skittles.
Now next week we will see how it goes. This will be the 2nd time my 5yr old has gone to the other mimi and papa for an entire week by herself. She loves the one on one time and the SPOILING!
Comments
Post a Comment