Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
1 Thessalonians 5: 15-18 "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
These were 2 verses God gave me over a year ago to help me get through the land of wait. Sometime last fall I had a desire on my heart. My husband and I had many conversations. This desire just ddin't make sense. Logic would say NO. But I couldn't shake this desire.
So I prayed. I prayed for an open door, a soft heart, a yes or a no, a medical miracle, clarity. But I continued to know that if it was God's will it would happen. And I was okay with the no and even the wait. So I stayed in the land of wait with no answer and continued to pray.
You see I felt our family wasn't complete. I wanted another child. I know a 4th baby is crazy talk. I didn't know if it was through foster care, adoption or natural methods. My medical history told me that it would be pretty impossible with my recent medical fertility issues. I knew I didn't want to go through the fetility drugs I had with the first two. Funnliy enough little man was convieved with out any outside help.
I just kept praying and staying in the land of wait. God finally answered my prayer on August 31 I had a positive pregnancy test. I can't wait to meet this little one in April! What a miracle! What an answer to prayer. What a story God has written for this new little one. What a story He has for our family. What an encouragment to keep seeking God while in the land of wait.
I am gonna post over at Hill's blog.
1 Thessalonians 5: 15-18 "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
These were 2 verses God gave me over a year ago to help me get through the land of wait. Sometime last fall I had a desire on my heart. My husband and I had many conversations. This desire just ddin't make sense. Logic would say NO. But I couldn't shake this desire.
So I prayed. I prayed for an open door, a soft heart, a yes or a no, a medical miracle, clarity. But I continued to know that if it was God's will it would happen. And I was okay with the no and even the wait. So I stayed in the land of wait with no answer and continued to pray.
You see I felt our family wasn't complete. I wanted another child. I know a 4th baby is crazy talk. I didn't know if it was through foster care, adoption or natural methods. My medical history told me that it would be pretty impossible with my recent medical fertility issues. I knew I didn't want to go through the fetility drugs I had with the first two. Funnliy enough little man was convieved with out any outside help.
I just kept praying and staying in the land of wait. God finally answered my prayer on August 31 I had a positive pregnancy test. I can't wait to meet this little one in April! What a miracle! What an answer to prayer. What a story God has written for this new little one. What a story He has for our family. What an encouragment to keep seeking God while in the land of wait.
I am gonna post over at Hill's blog.

Congrats, Jen. Praise God for his power! Excited for you. Will be praying.
ReplyDeleteoh that is such wonderful news! hooray!! God's ways are so mysterious, aren't they? thank you for linking up! xoxo.
ReplyDelete