I have been meaning to write this for sometime. I wanted to share about the month that I was quiet. That time was trying for our family. I was praying but sometimes I felt I didn't have the words or even know what to say. That's where my community of amazing friends came into play. It was a comfort knowing that these girls were down on their knees in my stead praying the words that I couldn't come up with.
There were emails, texts and phone calls frequently. I kept these girls in the loop. Sometimes I may have been obnoxious. This ladies encouraged me through scripture and conversations. Words of wisdom and a few "suck it up buttercup" conversations had to happen when I was having a particular tantrum. Things changed rapidly. We were at the mercy of interviewers. Sure things were doors that closed pretty quickly so that left us with dependence on God and the prayers of our friends.
The hubs was applying for jobs 12 hours a day. He'd say "what do you think about this job 12 hours away?" He had many HR interviews. Sometimes that went up the ladder sometimes they didn't. I was willing to be supportive but it was hard. I wasn't sure where God was going to take us.
I couldn't have done this trying time without my friends praying for us. I know my MIL's church, my mother's church friends and our church was praying for us. I was praying when I would wake up in the middle of the night. God brought songs in front of me time and time again. God told me to TRUST. It was a beautiful time for God to work on my heart. TRUST.
I can never thank this prayer community enough for getting us through this time. They will always have a special place in my heart. I praise God for this community.
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18
Comments
Post a Comment