The hubs and I are planning a Disney trip for the kids. We are super excited. I thought it would be nice to have a few Disney themed outfits for our first trip. I found the kids some Mickey shirts for $4.00 on clearance at Meijer. STEAL! I then scoured the internet for some crafty ideas and that's when I found the freezer paper stencil idea. Now you can google freezer paper stencil and get A LOT of tutorials/videos/blogs. Here's what I did just in case you don't feel like weeding through the plethora of tutorials.
Iwent braved took my own life into my hands and went to Wal-mart to find some CHEAP t-shirts. I got everyone a $3 shirt. I found black metallic fabric paint (Tulip brand),some sponge brushes, and freezer paper.
I decided on the design I wanted and went with the simple Mickey silhouette and printed it from my computer. I decided on some different sizes for all the kids.
The websites suggested using exacto knives but that would not probably be a safe choice for me. I made large enough shapes that I felt scissors would do a fine job. I just needed to make sure that the edges were clean.
Make sure the shirts are wrinkle free before starting. I then ironed the freezer paper wax side down onto the shirt. And then painted from the edge to the inside and let it dry for awhile. Well it was a few days until I could get back to it. I carefully peeled it back and was SOOOO happy with the result.
The final step was to iron the shirt again to heat set the paint. I threw a towel over it and viola!
The kids know about the trip and they are counting down the days! I can't wait to get some great pictures of there new shirts at the Happiest Place on Earth.
I
I decided on the design I wanted and went with the simple Mickey silhouette and printed it from my computer. I decided on some different sizes for all the kids.
The websites suggested using exacto knives but that would not probably be a safe choice for me. I made large enough shapes that I felt scissors would do a fine job. I just needed to make sure that the edges were clean.
Make sure the shirts are wrinkle free before starting. I then ironed the freezer paper wax side down onto the shirt. And then painted from the edge to the inside and let it dry for awhile. Well it was a few days until I could get back to it. I carefully peeled it back and was SOOOO happy with the result.
The final step was to iron the shirt again to heat set the paint. I threw a towel over it and viola!
The kids know about the trip and they are counting down the days! I can't wait to get some great pictures of there new shirts at the Happiest Place on Earth.
Comments
Post a Comment