Sooo.... I've not been happy with my chocolate chip recipe. So I've been scouring Pinterest and experimenting. Let's be honest the hubs and the kids haven't minded too much! But I've finally come to a perfected cookie. The hubs likes a more cake like cookie. I on the other hand like a crispy one that holds up in a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. I will share this joy with you.
I basically use the toll house chocolate chip recipe with a few changes.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup crisco
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips (or 1 cup chocolate chips/1 cup m & m's)
Preheat oven to 375*. Add dry ingredients into a bowl. Beat sugars and butter/Crisco until creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Gradually add dry ingredients .Stir in morsels. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
I highlighted some of the major changes I made. I have the baking powder made the cookies to cakey and the Crisco alone made them to hard. This was a compromise I could live with. I think Cookie monster would approve.
Comments
Post a Comment