I love to be creative but I have some limitations. I CAN'T SEW! Its not that my mom didn't try and teach me but alas that is a skill I am without. I can sew a mean button or a hole on a bear shut but that's where it ends people. In fact I have a whole board on Pintrest that says "If I knew how to sew."
I found these little/no sew tulle tutus that I thought would BE PERFECT for our Disney trip. I thought it might be fun for the girls to dress up a little when we go to our character dinners.
I went googled many options. So the baby and set out to JoAnn's and found the supplies. So for less than $10 per tutu they've got a special skirt to wear long after the Disney trip.
I did one with the ribbon and the others with the elastic. I actually liked the elastic better. I had to sew (by hand) the piece together but the whole skirt didn't take me more than 30 minutes to do.
To begin I cut the tulle into 24 inch strips. I bought about 50 yds per skirt. Which was too much for 3 skirts. I ended up making a skirt for a friend. I used 4 colors (light pink, dark pink, purple, and white).
I measured everyone's waist, cut it 2 inches shorter than the actual measurement and sewed the two ends of the elastic together. The ribbon I tied little knots on the starting and stopping spots leaving enough on the ends to tie a neat bow.
I then got to tying the tulle on the ribbon/elastic. The pintrest directions recommend folding the tulle in half and then sliding the bottom through the top to finish the knot. I felt the elastic was easier because I could place it over my leg and it would stay in place where the ribbon was a bit more wiggly (scientific terms).
It was really that easy. And here is my first model. She loved it! I think they will be playing with these for some time after our trip. Now to try and fit these puppies in the suitcases!
I found these little/no sew tulle tutus that I thought would BE PERFECT for our Disney trip. I thought it might be fun for the girls to dress up a little when we go to our character dinners.
I went googled many options. So the baby and set out to JoAnn's and found the supplies. So for less than $10 per tutu they've got a special skirt to wear long after the Disney trip.
I did one with the ribbon and the others with the elastic. I actually liked the elastic better. I had to sew (by hand) the piece together but the whole skirt didn't take me more than 30 minutes to do.
To begin I cut the tulle into 24 inch strips. I bought about 50 yds per skirt. Which was too much for 3 skirts. I ended up making a skirt for a friend. I used 4 colors (light pink, dark pink, purple, and white).
I measured everyone's waist, cut it 2 inches shorter than the actual measurement and sewed the two ends of the elastic together. The ribbon I tied little knots on the starting and stopping spots leaving enough on the ends to tie a neat bow.
I then got to tying the tulle on the ribbon/elastic. The pintrest directions recommend folding the tulle in half and then sliding the bottom through the top to finish the knot. I felt the elastic was easier because I could place it over my leg and it would stay in place where the ribbon was a bit more wiggly (scientific terms).
It was really that easy. And here is my first model. She loved it! I think they will be playing with these for some time after our trip. Now to try and fit these puppies in the suitcases!
Comments
Post a Comment