Last post on Disney, I promise!
We did the Disney dining plan....so many choices but we chose the one that had 1 snack, 1 quick service meal and 1 sit down meal per person (except for #4 she was able to eat off of our plates.) And to be honest that was a lot of food but we were able to spread it over 5 nights and 5 days pretty nicely.
I did plan early and got it to some fun table service dinners. We ate at the Coral Reef (Epcot), Ohana (Polynesian resort), Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Epcot), Cinderella and Prince Charming Dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian resort), and Chef Mickey (Contemporary Resort)
At each of those restaurants the chef met with us to discuss the menu for Little Man's allergies. Sometimes at the buffets they would take us up to the food to show us what was acceptable for his peanut, tree nut (including coconut and nutmeg) and dairy allergies. They adjusted menu items. They created special breads and desserts for him. The chefs often brought it to our table. WOW! Talk about amazing service and a load of mom/dad's mind regarding his food issues. They may have been the best part for me!
The food was good at each of those places. I asked the hubs what his favorite was and he said Ohana for food and 1900 Park fare for atmosphere/service. I would agree but I do love Chef Mickey. It was breakfast and I love a hearty 10 am breakfast!
The quick services were okay. I think the hardest part was finding seating. That and standing in unbelievable long lines to just take your order. We liked most of the food except for one place, the friar's nook in Magic Kingdom. It was just plain awful. It was a good thing we had some snacks coming our way soon!
Overall, the trip was really good. The family made lots of great memories and we had a blast riding rollercoasters and seeing characters. I hope that some day we can do this again but I don't thing we will be doing it during spring break again.
Comments
Post a Comment