This is just a small glimpse what my dining room looks like one week before our big trip. PURE CRAZY! I have scoured and scoured over all the best Disney vacation blogs to figure out what I need to bring. Now I am not a control freak on most things. MOST THINGS. Vacations are another story. I have documents saved from previous BEACH vacations. Grocery lists, packing lists, lists on lists on lists...but because this vacation was going to be a bit different my lists were not going to be helpful. We usually stay in a home and do a lot of cooking and this trip we are staying on Disney property and using the meal plan.
First of all I decided to use a travel agent. Susan did a great job accommodating our allergies and large family. I would love to recommend Susan to anyone heading to Disney. We are straying at POP Century in 2 rooms. It was cheaper to stay in 2 rooms with our family of 6 than in a suite. Our rooms are next to each other but we will see how the week of tag team parenting goes.
So starting with a blank list I went to Pintrest. THE WORLD'S GREATEST TIME SUCK! I found several craft for the trip. I made the girls matching skirts and all the kids coordinating shirts. All packed and ready to go in their suitcases. In fact their suitcases have been packed for a couple of weeks since the weather has been so C.O.L.D here in the midwest tundra. Shorts are out of the question here but I have been keeping an eye on Disney weather and it looks GOOD!
I probably have over packed but I wanted to make sure our 16+ hour trip went smoothly. Here is a few of the things that I packed....I will update on the usefulness after the trip.
1. Ponchos
2.Snacks...lots of snacks {actually I packed too many since we were on the dining plan}!
3. Breakfast items (I am embarrassed to compile this list of sugary supplies of which I don't normally let my kids eat, but for convenience and no microwave or coffee pot for hot water we had to do this)
4. Sponges that have dried dish soap in them and cut into squares (the amount of days I will need to wash sippy cups, our refillable ones and etc...)
5.Tide pods
6. glow sticks
7. bubbles
8. stroller for the baby
9. movies and electronics
10. drinks (soy milk, oj, juice pouches, water bottles)
11. books
12. crayons and coloring books
13. hand sanitizer
14. hand soap
15. band aids
16. 3M hooks to attach to the booster seats so the kids can hang plastic grocery bags to collect trash (this is what happens when the control freak has insomnia) {which was a brilliant idea that didn't really work out}
17. Ziploc bags (large and sandwich size)
18. The DISNEY APP on my phone...a absolute MUST!
19. Backpacks with supplies for the kids so that they can control their own
20. Travel games, license plate map, and card games.
21. Bathroom essentials
22. Meds...just in case for a teething baby and an allergy prone little man.
23. Baby supplies...pack n play, diapers, etc
Comments
Post a Comment