Seriously , 12 post all year? I'd like tell you I've been more than a couch potato streaming all 11 episodes of NCIS! And I have, some days! Like right now I am sitting on the screened in porch with a cup of coffee and only one kid up. Now that's productivity!
So what have I been up to? Planning for our homeschool next year! Yup, I've officially pulled the kids out of school. I'm excited, the hubs is excited and the cheerio gang too! In fact between tears and begging to skip last year they also begged to be homeschooled. But I am also scared Out. Of. My. Mind.
I know this is God's plan. It was never something I saw myself doing. I'm a certified teacher K-8. But my jobs and my activities have prepared me for this moment. God orchestrated it all amazingly. I can't even begin to tell you how things fell into place.
So over this last school year God's hand moved. He moved by placing me in a dance waiting room 4 hours a week with Christian homeschool moms in a secular environment. These mom's would become friends and sounding boards. He moved a year before opening doors and leaving those doors open with an area homeschool leader. He moved by placing me in a church and with a Children's pastor (who I've been friends with for over 20 years~gulp~ how did I just get that old) who was open and willing to host homeschool families. He moved in my husband regarding the homeschool situation. The hubs was seeking the same course just at a different angle. He moved to have my sisters at Community Bible study pray. Praying in ways that I had no idea! Praying as God led.
Not many in my group of Leander's knew what battle I was facing, but God did and he moved them to pray very amazing and specific things. At the beginning of the year we make a prayer sheet. A list of prayer request for the family members and a picture. In August homeschooling the cheerio gang was not on my radar so it didn't make the list. So my prayer card went around to 1 of the 25 ladies and they prayed. During this time when I was so fervently asking God's direction they prayed things like:
"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. " Exodus 14:14
"For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. " Psalm 91:11
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6,
" I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rootedand established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."Ephesians 3:16-19
Seriously powerful stuff! Sometime in mid April the doors opened up. They opened up wide and stayed open. So beginning next month we are going to homeschool through Classical Conversations. It seems to be good fit for our family. I am excited to see what God is going to do! I am also encouraged to take my prayer card that in" randomly" get each week and seek more fervently God than I've ever done before. I don't know the battles but God does.
Comments
Post a Comment