I feel like I am drowning. Self pity, maybe? Overwhelmed, yes! Overwhelmed is not even the words to describe how I feel right now. Drowning is more like it. Its been a little over a week. It could be a combination of the reasons:
* a little of post vacation blues
* the craziness of the hubs job [and some of his long hours]
*a hubs in the middle of studying like a mad man for a certification for work
*the 7th anniversary of the miscarriage of my first child
*the fighting/arguing that the cheerio gang has engaged in
*the clutter{in my house and my mind}
*spending the short quiet nap time to make phone calls to but getting no answers
*trying to get activities lined up for the girls and not getting anywhere
*less than a month before child #1 starts school
*less than a month before I start school again (an endorsement for my teaching certificate that needs renewed)
*a new opportunity/responsibilities for the CBS year
wow that's some list! It was pretty easy to make that list too. I've been in a Bible study this summer. It has been just what I needed. Learning that God doesn't always rescue you in a big swooping quick fix manner but sometimes he just sustains you. He gives you just enough shade to help you get through the desert. He's there but wants you to rely on him 100% no ifs ands or buts!
2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'"
Psalm 91:1 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."
So what are some of my blessings that I've been missing
119 my kids singing God's word
120 a healthy report from the pediatrician for all my kids
121 a wonderful vacation with grandparents
122 a Bible study this summer
123. early morning quiet time
124 early morning cuddles with children
125 play dates
126 a new opportunity
127 a 2+ hour nap time for EVERYONE after an epic fail play date {renewing}
128 being able to laugh at myself
129 children growing more independent
130 a husband who has a sense of humor in the midst of a mommy crisis
131 reconnecting with my hubs
132 a God who provides "shade" in my desert
133 sprinkler fun and a picnic lunch
134 wise words from child #1 about motherhood that made me smile
135 a God who forgives me when I am disobedient
136 a God who is patient with me
137 some alone time to do the grocery shopping
138 a husband who wants to be with his kids and takes them on special activities
139 laughing at my little man playing
140 some alone time with the babies while child #1 was away at a play date
Psalm 89:1 " I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations."
Go on over to Capturing motherhood and see what other have to say!
* a little of post vacation blues
* the craziness of the hubs job [and some of his long hours]
*a hubs in the middle of studying like a mad man for a certification for work
*the 7th anniversary of the miscarriage of my first child
*the fighting/arguing that the cheerio gang has engaged in
*the clutter{in my house and my mind}
*spending the short quiet nap time to make phone calls to but getting no answers
*trying to get activities lined up for the girls and not getting anywhere
*less than a month before child #1 starts school
*less than a month before I start school again (an endorsement for my teaching certificate that needs renewed)
*a new opportunity/responsibilities for the CBS year
wow that's some list! It was pretty easy to make that list too. I've been in a Bible study this summer. It has been just what I needed. Learning that God doesn't always rescue you in a big swooping quick fix manner but sometimes he just sustains you. He gives you just enough shade to help you get through the desert. He's there but wants you to rely on him 100% no ifs ands or buts!
2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'"
Psalm 91:1 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."
So what are some of my blessings that I've been missing
119 my kids singing God's word
120 a healthy report from the pediatrician for all my kids
121 a wonderful vacation with grandparents
122 a Bible study this summer
123. early morning quiet time
124 early morning cuddles with children
125 play dates
126 a new opportunity
127 a 2+ hour nap time for EVERYONE after an epic fail play date {renewing}
128 being able to laugh at myself
129 children growing more independent
130 a husband who has a sense of humor in the midst of a mommy crisis
131 reconnecting with my hubs
132 a God who provides "shade" in my desert
133 sprinkler fun and a picnic lunch
134 wise words from child #1 about motherhood that made me smile
135 a God who forgives me when I am disobedient
136 a God who is patient with me
137 some alone time to do the grocery shopping
138 a husband who wants to be with his kids and takes them on special activities
139 laughing at my little man playing
140 some alone time with the babies while child #1 was away at a play date
Psalm 89:1 " I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations."
Go on over to Capturing motherhood and see what other have to say!

thank you for sharing your heart. oh, how i can relate. and thank you for the message of the cross, that He will give us what we need to get through those times of stress. thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeletexoxo.