*alternate title* children crash after 3 days on a sugar high
*alternate-alternate title* how to make a mom crazy in a 122 easy steps
Child number one had her birthday party recently. She's 6 years old! {sniff] It was her first big girl party. Previously she has had relatives {and a friend whom we consider family} at her parties. She's also had parties to share with her brother and sister {since all 3 kids birthdays are within 3 weeks of each other-good timing mom and dad ;)} This time she had her own party....pinata, cake, craft, theme, THE WHOLE KIT AND CABOODLE!
She wanted a princess theme sleep over party. I let her have a "almost sleep over" sleep over party. All the fun but send 'em home before bedtime!
Our first order of business was to make the pinata. I know people I can buy one at the local party store but what fun is that. I just mix lots of flour and water and plenty on newspaper. The little one keeps me on my toes by testing my creativity. She wanted a butterfly. Here is our progress in pics....
Later in the week I started making the cake. She wanted a fun-fetti cake, but because the siblings are lactose intolerant I couldn't use a boxed mix. I needed to make this monstrosity from scratch. I let her add the SPRINKLES. She add more sprinkles than allowed by law. I should have know that was coming...remember the red hots incident.
So the cake was made and the pinata was finished all that was left was to pick up the pizza and for her guests to arrive. She couldn't wait for her 2 dearest friends L and S and some stray siblings to arrive. In fact earlier in the week she had made an activity list {cruise director ??}. It included acrobatic time {our playground}, cake, arts and crafts, pinata, presents, movie and pj's.
Child #1 had a great time at her first big girl birthday party. Thanks for coming friends!
*alternate-alternate title* how to make a mom crazy in a 122 easy steps
Child number one had her birthday party recently. She's 6 years old! {sniff] It was her first big girl party. Previously she has had relatives {and a friend whom we consider family} at her parties. She's also had parties to share with her brother and sister {since all 3 kids birthdays are within 3 weeks of each other-good timing mom and dad ;)} This time she had her own party....pinata, cake, craft, theme, THE WHOLE KIT AND CABOODLE!
She wanted a princess theme sleep over party. I let her have a "almost sleep over" sleep over party. All the fun but send 'em home before bedtime!
Our first order of business was to make the pinata. I know people I can buy one at the local party store but what fun is that. I just mix lots of flour and water and plenty on newspaper. The little one keeps me on my toes by testing my creativity. She wanted a butterfly. Here is our progress in pics....
![]() |
| oops forgot she was supposed to be helping... |
![]() |
| After several days of drying and one exploding balloon that was not completely dry and re inflating with CANDY it was time to paint! |
![]() |
| I did attach a string to the very fragile pinata during the paper mache stage. |
Later in the week I started making the cake. She wanted a fun-fetti cake, but because the siblings are lactose intolerant I couldn't use a boxed mix. I needed to make this monstrosity from scratch. I let her add the SPRINKLES. She add more sprinkles than allowed by law. I should have know that was coming...remember the red hots incident.
So the cake was made and the pinata was finished all that was left was to pick up the pizza and for her guests to arrive. She couldn't wait for her 2 dearest friends L and S and some stray siblings to arrive. In fact earlier in the week she had made an activity list {cruise director ??}. It included acrobatic time {our playground}, cake, arts and crafts, pinata, presents, movie and pj's.
![]() |
| The dads did not like my flimsy string so they{ with B's boy scout abilities tied some twine around the butterfly. |
![]() |
| the kids whacked and whacked...even bending the broom handle |
![]() |
| and whacked some more....the dads even accused me of using cement..... |
![]() |
| then mama took a hit and candy came out flying! |
Child #1 had a great time at her first big girl birthday party. Thanks for coming friends!



















Comments
Post a Comment