This morning I prayed for patience.....I didn't know that my patience would be tested so that prayer could be realized.
I am currently working on #1's birthday cake. A cake that is my nemesis! I hate this cake!
I am making the batter from scratch so that the babies could eat it. I made a double batch and accidentally overfilled it. Now it is dripping all over my oven. AND it won't cook. It has been cooking and cooking and cooking. And making more of a mess and taking more time than I have.
And I have a sink full of dishes because we didn't run the full dishwasher last night and I haven't been able to wash the cake making mess....oh and there is a cake making mess when you make cake with a almost 6 year old!
In between smoking my cake the kids have been fighting.
Oh and somehow a can of sprite got cut on the side of the can and sprayed from its location on the open pantry door throughout my whole kitchen.
And the cake is done. And the kids are now eating lunch...and not fighting....and I have so much to do....
...like put the oven on self clean for the next 4 hours...oh and watch literal flames shoot up because of all the batter and goop on the bottom of the oven and scare my 5 year old by getting the fire extinguisher out for the just in case....so much to do!
And now it is 12:32pm and I haven't had lunch or breakfast or a shower or ENOUGH coffee....
Psalm 118:1 "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; his love endures forever."
I am currently working on #1's birthday cake. A cake that is my nemesis! I hate this cake!
I am making the batter from scratch so that the babies could eat it. I made a double batch and accidentally overfilled it. Now it is dripping all over my oven. AND it won't cook. It has been cooking and cooking and cooking. And making more of a mess and taking more time than I have.
And I have a sink full of dishes because we didn't run the full dishwasher last night and I haven't been able to wash the cake making mess....oh and there is a cake making mess when you make cake with a almost 6 year old!
In between smoking my cake the kids have been fighting.
Oh and somehow a can of sprite got cut on the side of the can and sprayed from its location on the open pantry door throughout my whole kitchen.
And the cake is done. And the kids are now eating lunch...and not fighting....and I have so much to do....
...like put the oven on self clean for the next 4 hours...oh and watch literal flames shoot up because of all the batter and goop on the bottom of the oven and scare my 5 year old by getting the fire extinguisher out for the just in case....so much to do!
And now it is 12:32pm and I haven't had lunch or breakfast or a shower or ENOUGH coffee....
Psalm 118:1 "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; his love endures forever."





Comments
Post a Comment