Skip to main content

Mad parenting skillz

*disclosure* {Kristin if you are reading this file it under "Parent of the Year" instead of  "things we know and will hold against them in the future"}

I am a great parent-just ask my husband! But sometimes the children have a UNWRITTEN rule conspiracy against me. Making my parenting skills look less than stellar.

Recently we enrolled child #1 in a beginner soccer camp. It an hour long indoor-ish class. Didn't know if she'd like it or want to continue so this was a low cost trial camp for her. The great thing is I can see everything going on because there is a 1/2 clear plastic/glass wall between us. That means the babies can watch her too if they were to stay still long enough to do so. PS You can take the girl out of ballet but you can't take the ballerina out of the girl. Kick, twirl, kick jump, kick arabesque. You get the picture.

On the first day of class I was there with all 3 kids. Its close to dinner time and the littlest ones are hard pressed to be entertained. Little man was searching through my purse looking for something to do. Now in my purse is a Lincoln log, bubbles, pens, scrap paper, and suckers BUT he chooses to pull out-run down the hall in front of the 5 other sets of parents and sibling- just out of  arms length with a tubular feminine hygiene item (and that's all the info I am going to give you ...if you can't figure it out, sorry!) Oh yea, just waving it around like nobody's business. I snatch it as quickly as I could get to him. Not quick enough I tell you. EMBARRASSED! I continue to herd my children as if nothing happened. *Whistling *

As to add insult to injury, little man started sneezing uncontrollably. Snot ran down his face. Do you think I had a tissue in the  Bermuda triangle of a purse I was toting? N to the O! So what did this resourceful mama do you ask yourself? I used the soft wrapper of the rectangular feminine hygiene item {again if you don't get it crawl out from underneath your rock.}. Mad parenting skillz, I tell you!

Class ended and I could not scoop those conspirators my children  up quick enough. I am really trying to get my Mother of the Year Award sporting these mad parenting skillz!

go see what others have to say...   about their {im}perfect lives!

Comments

  1. that is so funny! i'm sorry that that happened to you though. thanks for linking up! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entry cracked me up!!!! Too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December Ten on Ten

It has been awhile since I've posted a Ten on Ten. Today we were away so you of course get the traveling version...and maybe a little Traveling Jesus! An early morning selfie Only the best potato chips ever! I can only get them in NW Ohio, so when in Paulding County! Traveling Jesus mad it once again through the plains of NW Ohio It's Christmas time in Antwerp! Grandma Norma, the girls, the baby and Mimi Becky...what a full house! I couldn't decide between cherry or blueberry pie, so I chose both! The sister and sister in law helping with the kids craft Add caption Leaving my parent's home Grabbed dinner out

A JOURNEY OF THE HEART

"No NO No NO NO No!" That was a recent entry into my journal. I was asked to do something that I without a shadow of a doubt knew it was God asking me to do it. AND I DIDN'T WANT TO! I literally followed it with 2 pages of ME telling God why I didn't want to do it and why I couldn't do it. Yes 2 pages.  Wow! I strapped on my toddler attitude and went to town. *Flashback to 1 month ago* Child #1's Kindergarten teacher, Kara,  also  attends the church we attend and we occasionally see each other at the same service. Well, one particular evening we got to talking and she asked me to join our church's version of VBS. We go to the west side {off campus} of town to the Somalian population and do a day time VBS and lunch for these kids for an entire week. Cool part, my own kids can come and be apart of the "missions trip."  What an invaluable a lesson to my kids to show love to others! Kara is heading crafts and wanted me to craft it up with her. ...

serving with a grateful heart

1 Peter 4:10 "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." This year my little gang of cheerios and I have been working on being intentional about serving. To be honest for a long time the excuses of having to many littles was beginning to wear thin. Now I have been looking for opportunities that my littles could easily accomplish. Yesterday, we attended a Lenten service at our church. It was a beautiful Prayer walk. We walked through stations, preparing our hearts for this season of Lent. It was a perfect activity for our family to do together. In the Lenten study package was The Names of God Bible reading challenge . I am really thrilled to focus in on the Names of God for this season. Preparing my heart for the Easter season. So today, the sanctuary needed cleaned. All the stations needed put back in the closets and offices that they were borrowed from. Little ...