Skip to main content

losing focus


Here's an updated photo of my family of SIX. I'll be honest its a bit crazy around here. A friend described it as a party all the time. Well a party with mounds of laundry and dirty dishes and lots and lots of toys! But God is good and providing us with many blessings.


This was the best of three pics. Sometimes it takes more than one chance to get it right but I still don't get it right. It's a good thing our God is a god of forgiveness, grace and mercy.  He gives a strength each day to try  again...not to do it on our own but on complete dependence to HIM.



Recently, I've been struggling with wanting to be liked by a certain group of people. I see their photos on facebook or hear about their adventures and I feel left out, dejected. Why am I not good enough to hang out with them too? Why do I care I'm almost 36 years old and not in JR High anymore. But when I get in an attitude or take my eyes of the ONE WHO CREATED ME I become self centered. Its not about me or if I am good enough.Its about HIM and his will in my life. I have been reminded several times of this verse. Its one I need to hear again and again.
Romans 12:2 " Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will."



I need to refocus and open my eyes to what's around me. What are the blessings God has for me? What is the plan HE has for me and my family?

Matthew 5:16 " In the same way, let your light shine before men, that you may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven."

I don't have to be liked by these people, but I do need the to see Jesus inside me. How can they see Jesus if I am pouting or losing my focus? How can they see that I am different if  I am trying so hard to be liked by them and wanting to be like them?

God is good to softly correct my attitude. He is gracious to remind me of all my blessings and the promises he has for me. Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!

I am linking up to Capturing Motherhood.


Comments

  1. thank you so much for revealing so much of your heart. and i love how much you share about Jesus in your {im}perfect life. thanks for linking up! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family pics. I love a pic with EVERYONE in it at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December Ten on Ten

It has been awhile since I've posted a Ten on Ten. Today we were away so you of course get the traveling version...and maybe a little Traveling Jesus! An early morning selfie Only the best potato chips ever! I can only get them in NW Ohio, so when in Paulding County! Traveling Jesus mad it once again through the plains of NW Ohio It's Christmas time in Antwerp! Grandma Norma, the girls, the baby and Mimi Becky...what a full house! I couldn't decide between cherry or blueberry pie, so I chose both! The sister and sister in law helping with the kids craft Add caption Leaving my parent's home Grabbed dinner out

A JOURNEY OF THE HEART

"No NO No NO NO No!" That was a recent entry into my journal. I was asked to do something that I without a shadow of a doubt knew it was God asking me to do it. AND I DIDN'T WANT TO! I literally followed it with 2 pages of ME telling God why I didn't want to do it and why I couldn't do it. Yes 2 pages.  Wow! I strapped on my toddler attitude and went to town. *Flashback to 1 month ago* Child #1's Kindergarten teacher, Kara,  also  attends the church we attend and we occasionally see each other at the same service. Well, one particular evening we got to talking and she asked me to join our church's version of VBS. We go to the west side {off campus} of town to the Somalian population and do a day time VBS and lunch for these kids for an entire week. Cool part, my own kids can come and be apart of the "missions trip."  What an invaluable a lesson to my kids to show love to others! Kara is heading crafts and wanted me to craft it up with her. ...

serving with a grateful heart

1 Peter 4:10 "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." This year my little gang of cheerios and I have been working on being intentional about serving. To be honest for a long time the excuses of having to many littles was beginning to wear thin. Now I have been looking for opportunities that my littles could easily accomplish. Yesterday, we attended a Lenten service at our church. It was a beautiful Prayer walk. We walked through stations, preparing our hearts for this season of Lent. It was a perfect activity for our family to do together. In the Lenten study package was The Names of God Bible reading challenge . I am really thrilled to focus in on the Names of God for this season. Preparing my heart for the Easter season. So today, the sanctuary needed cleaned. All the stations needed put back in the closets and offices that they were borrowed from. Little ...