All my other 3 babies were born early~5, 10 and 12 days so I anticipated having #4 about 2 weeks early. Well I was still pregnant at 38 weeks, 39 and even 40 weeks. I went to the doctor on my due date. Hoping that he would say that he would go ahead and induce me. I had progressively moved along each week I saw him, but week 40 I had made no progress. In fact he gave me the news that if he induced me it would most likely result in an unnecessary C-section. It was Tuesday and he said he would like to see me again on Thursday for an ultrasound and a quick check.
I made it out of the doctor's office with out any major hysterics but as soon as I got to the car and called the hubs it was a super duper meltdown.
I was disappointed, frustrated, scared, tired and as many Eeyore adjectives you can stick on there....I was feeling it.
I knew I had to trust in the Lord's sovereignty and I trusted the wisdom of my doctor. My doctor is strong in his faith. So I knew he was doing what was right for the baby and this mother's sake.
I emailed some of my praying and closest friends to let them know what the non-situation situation was.
I was just so hoping to have a baby on Wednesday, but apparently I was not ready. Or did I have to give everything up to God and stop all my planning, stop all my expectations, stop making it all about me.
Somewhere around 12:30 am I awoke and began praying again for this baby, God's will and the safety of all involved. I went back to sleep around 2:30. At 4:30 I began to have contractions. Now I had been having contractions since about 33 weeks, but these were a bit different. Stronger, longer, more painful...REAL I wasn't sure yet. They lasted until about 8 am. They were a bit irregular.
I went about my day until nap time. I started to have them again around 12:30. I ate....didn't help alleviate them. I decided to take a bath....just went from 8 minutes to 6. Went downstairs to use the exercise ball...now they are at 5 minutes. I called my hubs at work at 2:30 and told him it was time to come home. By the time my in laws and hubs all got to my house at 3:30 they were 3 1/2 minutes to 4 minutes apart.
We had a 20 minute ride to the hospital. The LONGEST 20 MINUTES EVER! I think my hubs hit EVERY pot hole on the way downtown. Then there was the long trek from the parking garage to the Labor and Delivery floor.
When I left the office yesterday I was dilated 2 cm....when they checked me at the hospital I was dilated 6 cm. YEP...we were having a baby.
Everything moved so quickly....no time for an epidural that may/may not work (past difficulties)...I was having a baby the old fashion way. Yes I did argue with the nurse that I wanted my drugs but she talked me off my ledge told me I could and would have to do it...
After some difficulty pushing the little one out...my hubs was able to announce that he was now the proud daddy of 3 girls. He and little man would now be curled up in the man cave out numbered by all the girls in the house.
Now it came time to name this little one. The hubs and I had a short list. Actually we only had one girls name (since December) and a list of girl middle names. We do family names as middle names so I had to choose one....the hubs graciously forfeited his choice. I now had the sole responsibility to choose her name. I decided on my maternal great grandmother's middle name~Elizabeth.
Her first name Ellianna means "the Lord has answered." If you remember this post announcing my pregnancy you'll understand how important this meaning is to our family. The Bible verse that is also associated with her name is 1 Samuel 1:27, " I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."
At 6:55 pm baby #4 came into this world. She weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 20 inches long. Her siblings can't get enough of her. They want to hold her and kiss her all the time~except for diaper time. We are all adjusting well to our family of 6. WOW! A FAMILY OF SIX!!!
I can't wait to see what God has planned for this little one.
posting up with HILL at Capturing Motherhood.
I made it out of the doctor's office with out any major hysterics but as soon as I got to the car and called the hubs it was a super duper meltdown.
I was disappointed, frustrated, scared, tired and as many Eeyore adjectives you can stick on there....I was feeling it.
I knew I had to trust in the Lord's sovereignty and I trusted the wisdom of my doctor. My doctor is strong in his faith. So I knew he was doing what was right for the baby and this mother's sake.
I emailed some of my praying and closest friends to let them know what the non-situation situation was.
I was just so hoping to have a baby on Wednesday, but apparently I was not ready. Or did I have to give everything up to God and stop all my planning, stop all my expectations, stop making it all about me.
Somewhere around 12:30 am I awoke and began praying again for this baby, God's will and the safety of all involved. I went back to sleep around 2:30. At 4:30 I began to have contractions. Now I had been having contractions since about 33 weeks, but these were a bit different. Stronger, longer, more painful...REAL I wasn't sure yet. They lasted until about 8 am. They were a bit irregular.
I went about my day until nap time. I started to have them again around 12:30. I ate....didn't help alleviate them. I decided to take a bath....just went from 8 minutes to 6. Went downstairs to use the exercise ball...now they are at 5 minutes. I called my hubs at work at 2:30 and told him it was time to come home. By the time my in laws and hubs all got to my house at 3:30 they were 3 1/2 minutes to 4 minutes apart.
We had a 20 minute ride to the hospital. The LONGEST 20 MINUTES EVER! I think my hubs hit EVERY pot hole on the way downtown. Then there was the long trek from the parking garage to the Labor and Delivery floor.
When I left the office yesterday I was dilated 2 cm....when they checked me at the hospital I was dilated 6 cm. YEP...we were having a baby.
Everything moved so quickly....no time for an epidural that may/may not work (past difficulties)...I was having a baby the old fashion way. Yes I did argue with the nurse that I wanted my drugs but she talked me off my ledge told me I could and would have to do it...
After some difficulty pushing the little one out...my hubs was able to announce that he was now the proud daddy of 3 girls. He and little man would now be curled up in the man cave out numbered by all the girls in the house.
Now it came time to name this little one. The hubs and I had a short list. Actually we only had one girls name (since December) and a list of girl middle names. We do family names as middle names so I had to choose one....the hubs graciously forfeited his choice. I now had the sole responsibility to choose her name. I decided on my maternal great grandmother's middle name~Elizabeth.
Her first name Ellianna means "the Lord has answered." If you remember this post announcing my pregnancy you'll understand how important this meaning is to our family. The Bible verse that is also associated with her name is 1 Samuel 1:27, " I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."
At 6:55 pm baby #4 came into this world. She weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 20 inches long. Her siblings can't get enough of her. They want to hold her and kiss her all the time~except for diaper time. We are all adjusting well to our family of 6. WOW! A FAMILY OF SIX!!!
I can't wait to see what God has planned for this little one.
posting up with HILL at Capturing Motherhood.





Wow! Congratulations!!! What a beautiful story of God's planning. Thank you for linking up! xoxo.
ReplyDelete