FOUR YEARS...
That's how long it was since I had seen my friend, K. Sadly, we only live 40 minutes apart and it had been 4 years. Life got in the way. She's teaching full-time and I was working full-time. She has a husband, house, child, family, and church life to keep her busy. I have those same things but this should not be a good excuse.
We went to college together and had many of the same classes. We even lived together for 2 years off campus in this tiny basement apartment with 2 other girls. We survived the dungeon. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding.
Yet, all that history and we let 4 years go by with only Christmas cards and birth announcements being exchanged.
But the other day I emailed her and said I really wanted to catch up. We met at a restaurant in the middle at 11:30. We talked and laughed. We shared chocolate chip cookies. We went shopping. I got home around 4 pm. She and I had a lot of catching up to do. I was rejuvenated.
TIME WITH A FRIEND AND NO ONE CALLING ME MOM!
It was so much fun. I really am glad I contacted K. Now I just have to remember not to let another 4 years go by with out seeing my dear friend.

so sweet! i love it! thank you for linking up. xoxo.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog. I really have been terrible about keeping in touch with friends. I need to try harder. Glad you were able to meet up. Those times are so special. :)
ReplyDelete