All summer child #1 has been calling the shots for the middle kids. She "directs" them in how, when and who they are going to play. In fact one day, I heard her and her sister tell the brother "We are playing sister, mom and dad. #1 is mom, #2 is the sister what do you want to be?" Pretty much no choice or wiggle room.
So needless to say the middles knew what to expect everyday. Until Monday. That's when child #1 went back to school. And there was a complete VOID of power.
It was a race to the top of the heap (most likely in this metaphor the laundry heap) to see who would be the boss applesauce. It was do or die. Kill or be killed situation at our house. Monday was a LONG day. I did the mom thing and had them separated and in time out. But at some point I wanted to see how this was going to play out. I couldn't intervene anymore.
Somehow they finally worked it out only to be turned upside down again. SHE CAME HOME!
She was not to about to be dethroned just because she had been gone a few hours. She re-established her place as the KING of the heap. She let them know in no uncertain terms that she was in charge whether here or there. PERIOD!
After an early bed time for the kiddos and a much needed bowl of ice cream for me, I was able to recover. I am thankful for the strong personalities of my children. I am thankful that in the end they are loving, kind and forgiving to one another. I am most thankful for new mercies each day that allow us to start over and have a much better Tuesday.
"He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17
Posting up this week at Capturing Motherhood.
So needless to say the middles knew what to expect everyday. Until Monday. That's when child #1 went back to school. And there was a complete VOID of power.
It was a race to the top of the heap (most likely in this metaphor the laundry heap) to see who would be the boss applesauce. It was do or die. Kill or be killed situation at our house. Monday was a LONG day. I did the mom thing and had them separated and in time out. But at some point I wanted to see how this was going to play out. I couldn't intervene anymore.
Somehow they finally worked it out only to be turned upside down again. SHE CAME HOME!
She was not to about to be dethroned just because she had been gone a few hours. She re-established her place as the KING of the heap. She let them know in no uncertain terms that she was in charge whether here or there. PERIOD!
After an early bed time for the kiddos and a much needed bowl of ice cream for me, I was able to recover. I am thankful for the strong personalities of my children. I am thankful that in the end they are loving, kind and forgiving to one another. I am most thankful for new mercies each day that allow us to start over and have a much better Tuesday.
"He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17
Posting up this week at Capturing Motherhood.
thank you for your words and for linking up! xoxo.
ReplyDelete