Skip to main content

up in flames

Do you ever have one of those days where you wake up and say its going to be a great day? Well today I thought that because I had some quiet time this morning. Some quiet coffee and take a shower ALONE without being a referee time.

Usually our mornings hit the ground running and I am often lucky to brush my teeth and throw some deodorant  on before nine. Someone always needs something, like breakfast or a drink. But today I had 45 minutes of sunshine, coffee and a shower. AHHHH!


The children finally got up and I threw a pop tart in the toaster oven. And that's when my day went up in flames.

The pop tart and all the other crumbs I am too lazy to clean out caught on fire. I mean FLAMES engulfed the pop tart. BLACKENED CAJUN STYLE.







Finally the flames died down enough for me to throw some water on the thing and rush it out to my deck. No breakfast and no toaster oven.

Well at least I had a cup of coffee.

I am linking up with Hill....




Comments

  1. oh my goodness. that is wild! thank you for linking up! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My little {BIG} fear

So here's my little confession: I have big fears and little fears. But lately one particularly has been plaguing me { AGAIN }. It is the fear of being forgotten, more so being { FORGETTABLE } and indivisible. I don't know what starts it or triggers it, but it can be as simple as an email offering to volunteer for something than not hearing a reply. I guess the last trigger was a group wide calendar was sent out with {every one's} birthday on it except mine. I know that is wasn't done on purpose but my birthday is a sensitive subject to me. Its always been forgotten. Its right around Labor day and the first week of school. So in the busyness its often overlooked. Or in the case of 6th grade its not even written on the calendar. Mrs. Brotherton I think I know when my birthday is...but she still made me go to the Principal's office for arguing with her and I came back successfully with a note that I was indeed correct about knowing my birthday. I digress... I was telli...

10 on 10

So I've seen some friends do this 10 on 10. Basically its 10 pictures on the 10th that give a snapshot into your day. Guess what time the mama gets up? Little man the earliest of my early risers today... 6:40 Heading to the bus stop and guess what we needed for a second day in a row! Its Thursday so we head to CBS. Studying 1 &2 Kings this year. Lunch for #1 when she gets off the bus! "PB &J everyday" During his lack of nap time, little man posed in front of the giant load of laundry I was working on. Girls are just jamming to their own beat! Tonight's vegetable {for mommy and daddy} oven roasted bacon wrapped aspargus!!!!!!!!!!! Dessert tonight a few Wilbur buds from Litiz PA. Sweet heaven {ok so I didn't take this pic...I couldn't get the right one..just couldn't capture the yumminess} Maybe tonight I finally make a decision on where we are going to stay for vacation?? So that's my day in a nutshell! http://rebekahgough.b...

serving with a grateful heart

1 Peter 4:10 "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." This year my little gang of cheerios and I have been working on being intentional about serving. To be honest for a long time the excuses of having to many littles was beginning to wear thin. Now I have been looking for opportunities that my littles could easily accomplish. Yesterday, we attended a Lenten service at our church. It was a beautiful Prayer walk. We walked through stations, preparing our hearts for this season of Lent. It was a perfect activity for our family to do together. In the Lenten study package was The Names of God Bible reading challenge . I am really thrilled to focus in on the Names of God for this season. Preparing my heart for the Easter season. So today, the sanctuary needed cleaned. All the stations needed put back in the closets and offices that they were borrowed from. Little ...