Over the last several months I have had the opportunity to share about the Bible study I attend and about Jesus.
I find it funny that God would use me...and the simple task of depositing the Bible study offering. Twice I was able to speak (over the intercom of the drive thru) with the teller ladies. Telling them about what we are studying and just some simple things about what God is doing. Even when they tell me at the end of our 10 minute conversation that they are Jewish. I laughed. They initiated the conversation. They asked the questions. I was just the instrument of God at the moment.
The other time recently I was scared. I didn't want the responsibility. BUT God wouldn't let me get away with that excuse. I think I found talking to the teller ladies easier because they weren't family. I may not ever see them again. But this time it was family. I hope and pray that my words were soft and gentle and without judgement. I hope my words were not my own but full of HIS.
I never seek out these opportunities. I am not that bold. I am sure that I would be much more comfortable if I really were prepared. I think this in depth Bible study has prepared me in many ways. I know that God is going to continue to work on me and I just need to look to HIM and ask HIM to open m eyes.
I find it funny that God would use me...and the simple task of depositing the Bible study offering. Twice I was able to speak (over the intercom of the drive thru) with the teller ladies. Telling them about what we are studying and just some simple things about what God is doing. Even when they tell me at the end of our 10 minute conversation that they are Jewish. I laughed. They initiated the conversation. They asked the questions. I was just the instrument of God at the moment.
The other time recently I was scared. I didn't want the responsibility. BUT God wouldn't let me get away with that excuse. I think I found talking to the teller ladies easier because they weren't family. I may not ever see them again. But this time it was family. I hope and pray that my words were soft and gentle and without judgement. I hope my words were not my own but full of HIS.
I never seek out these opportunities. I am not that bold. I am sure that I would be much more comfortable if I really were prepared. I think this in depth Bible study has prepared me in many ways. I know that God is going to continue to work on me and I just need to look to HIM and ask HIM to open m eyes.
"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.." 1 Peter 3:15
Comments
Post a Comment