Ever have those people in your life that you are proud to know. Or someone who truly cares about you or your children. Debbie and I have only known each other for a short time, but she has spent more time pouring into my life and the life of my kids than people I have known for decades.
She snuggles and cares for my kids. She loves on them and spoils them. Sometimes they call her Miss Debbie, but often they just call her crazy Debbie. They make pictures for her. Its a good relationship.
She and I work closely in a ministry called CBS. She's the coordinator and I am the assistant. We joke that we share a brain. She's the more friendlier part of the brain, for sure. That's her gift and that's what everyone loves about her.
Recently, she had surgery on her back. I told my kids about it and they were eager to pray for her that morning. It was a good opportunity to teach them about thinking about others and bringing our requests to God. Requests that weren't about ME and MY to do list.
After school I was able to read them the email that her hubs had sent me saying that she was out of surgery and things were going well The cheerio gang was so excited. #1 exclaimed, "God really worked fast!"
After the kids went to bed she had left me a message on my answering machine that she was on her way home and she was thankful for all our prayers and that we were good prayer er er ers (one to many er's and I think that was the drugs talking). A picture was also sent around from her husband saying she was on her way out of the hospital. So this morning I was able to show the kids this picture and have them listen to the message.
The kids cheered. They could see and hear Debbie and know that God had answered their simple prayer.
So this week, Debbie gets to be a honorary member of the cheerio gang.
1 Thess. 5: 16-18 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."


Comments
Post a Comment