We are currently studying Daniel at our Bible study. Its been great really digging our teeth into all those "children's stories." Recently our Teaching Director said, "you may be in Babylon but you don't have to be of Babylon."
It's taken me a couple of weeks to really get a hold of what that means. But God made it clear, very clear. I have that one thing I keep taking back from God. I so badly want to be a part of Babylon and God lovingly says no you will not be a part of this. It could not have been more clear. Within 12 hours of me agreeing to be apart of Babylon, the door was firmly closed. Shut, barred, locked, glued. CLOSED!
He tells me I can't be an effective witness when knee deep in Babylon type activities. He wants me set apart. He wants me to be in Babylon but not of Babylon.
Okay I get it....for now. I am sure that God will have to remind again.

Comments
Post a Comment