Not really but that would be my official title for child #1. As a first born she's been pretty used to calling the shots around here. The babies follow {willingly and unwillingly}her lead. She tells them what to do, when to do it and how to do it. BUT this week has been her first fullish week of school {crazy gentle start}. The babies have been on their own to come up with {get into trouble} something to do. Yesterday was interesting they were very dependant on mom to help them come up with things {okay so mom was liking the cruise director too}. But after a few hours they seemed to get the hang of it. Man you should have seen them when she got off the bus, they were so EXCITED!
So today to give them a shot at being a full time cruise director we went to the zoo. They got to see all the animals they wanted to see and we did not see the elephant or the polar bears {#1's top favs}. Child #2 was sooooo cute at the manatees. She was fervently waving "HI" to them. I asked the docent how old the babies are and she told us they were around 2 yrs old. I told this to pooh bear and while she was saying "Hi baby manatee, hi mama-tee, hi daddy-tee." She was cracking the docent up.
Now we didn't get to spend as much time at the zoo as we had hoped. Unbeknownst to me the zoo changed it hours. Opening up an hour later {bummer}. AHEM, a heads up would have been nice since I am a member and I was just there on Saturday.....oh well. We just waited patiently with the other 50 people who also didn't know.
So overall day 2 with #1 in kindergarten not going so bad. Next week we start Bible study and we will be gone 2 days a week. We will have plenty to keep us busy I am sure. Good times, people. Good times!
So today to give them a shot at being a full time cruise director we went to the zoo. They got to see all the animals they wanted to see and we did not see the elephant or the polar bears {#1's top favs}. Child #2 was sooooo cute at the manatees. She was fervently waving "HI" to them. I asked the docent how old the babies are and she told us they were around 2 yrs old. I told this to pooh bear and while she was saying "Hi baby manatee, hi mama-tee, hi daddy-tee." She was cracking the docent up.
Now we didn't get to spend as much time at the zoo as we had hoped. Unbeknownst to me the zoo changed it hours. Opening up an hour later {bummer}. AHEM, a heads up would have been nice since I am a member and I was just there on Saturday.....oh well. We just waited patiently with the other 50 people who also didn't know.
So overall day 2 with #1 in kindergarten not going so bad. Next week we start Bible study and we will be gone 2 days a week. We will have plenty to keep us busy I am sure. Good times, people. Good times!
Comments
Post a Comment