Skip to main content

Murphy's Law with Children

So let's just blame it on Murphy's law. I just have to laugh because I do know that its just the nature of the beast...um...I mean child! So here are some things I've learned about having children in the few short 5 years of these creatures being in my house.

1. They will drop the most messiest food with in seconds of it being sparkling clean. {Which if you know me rarely happens but when it does I think why did I just spend all that time cleaning it?}

2. When all the toy boxes are picked up that is when they decide they need something on the very bottom of the box and the only way to get it is to fling all the toys out. {Thus my theory about keepin the floor scattered with toys so that if a burglar comes in he'll already think we've been hit and not really be able to get to the "good" stuff because he'll trip ovah all the nosiest toys first! Good theory, huh!}

3. If a child is to have his/her picture taken they will inevitably be injured on the face...theory also applies to teens and zits!

4. If the food contains any bit of chocolate or red sauce the child will stain every bit of clothing they have on in places we have no idea how they got it there.

5. If a child is wearing white or light colors {which I know is mind boggling that they make those colors for children} they will get it dirty in unimaginable ways!

6. If they've just taken a bath and not gone straight to bed inevitably they will need a second bath. Unless of course you've come up with somekindabubblecontraptionthingy for keeping your kids clean for a few minutes.

7. If you've have planned something fun (ie birthday party, outing with family, date night) someone or maybe all will come down with something. {Insert mommy guilt and sad face here}

8. Just when you think you've finished the laundry...bam it reappears in heaps!

9. They can melt your heart in an instant and make you laugh uncontrollably because of their freedom to be themselves.



Okay so that's all the theories I have for now. Got anymore let me know. I am sure we could go on forever!


Comments

  1. Keep them coming! Love it and SOOOOOOOOOO agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the picture theroy. on the flip side if they do get injured in the face i am jumping to find the camera b/c there is always some crazy story as to how they got that cut/bruise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 on 10

So I've seen some friends do this 10 on 10. Basically its 10 pictures on the 10th that give a snapshot into your day. Guess what time the mama gets up? Little man the earliest of my early risers today... 6:40 Heading to the bus stop and guess what we needed for a second day in a row! Its Thursday so we head to CBS. Studying 1 &2 Kings this year. Lunch for #1 when she gets off the bus! "PB &J everyday" During his lack of nap time, little man posed in front of the giant load of laundry I was working on. Girls are just jamming to their own beat! Tonight's vegetable {for mommy and daddy} oven roasted bacon wrapped aspargus!!!!!!!!!!! Dessert tonight a few Wilbur buds from Litiz PA. Sweet heaven {ok so I didn't take this pic...I couldn't get the right one..just couldn't capture the yumminess} Maybe tonight I finally make a decision on where we are going to stay for vacation?? So that's my day in a nutshell! http://rebekahgough.b...

My little {BIG} fear

So here's my little confession: I have big fears and little fears. But lately one particularly has been plaguing me { AGAIN }. It is the fear of being forgotten, more so being { FORGETTABLE } and indivisible. I don't know what starts it or triggers it, but it can be as simple as an email offering to volunteer for something than not hearing a reply. I guess the last trigger was a group wide calendar was sent out with {every one's} birthday on it except mine. I know that is wasn't done on purpose but my birthday is a sensitive subject to me. Its always been forgotten. Its right around Labor day and the first week of school. So in the busyness its often overlooked. Or in the case of 6th grade its not even written on the calendar. Mrs. Brotherton I think I know when my birthday is...but she still made me go to the Principal's office for arguing with her and I came back successfully with a note that I was indeed correct about knowing my birthday. I digress... I was telli...

serving with a grateful heart

1 Peter 4:10 "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." This year my little gang of cheerios and I have been working on being intentional about serving. To be honest for a long time the excuses of having to many littles was beginning to wear thin. Now I have been looking for opportunities that my littles could easily accomplish. Yesterday, we attended a Lenten service at our church. It was a beautiful Prayer walk. We walked through stations, preparing our hearts for this season of Lent. It was a perfect activity for our family to do together. In the Lenten study package was The Names of God Bible reading challenge . I am really thrilled to focus in on the Names of God for this season. Preparing my heart for the Easter season. So today, the sanctuary needed cleaned. All the stations needed put back in the closets and offices that they were borrowed from. Little ...