James 1:19 "My dear brothers,take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry."
Ever have those moments when you know what you just read or head was JUST for you. Where it was like an arrow to your ears and your heart. And nothing else said or done that day mattered because all you could focus on was what made your heart pound.
I had that moment on Saturday night. Our church has been studying the book of James. Pastor Andy was speaking and he read James 1:19. It was like the world stopped. It was just for me. He was speaking just to me. And frankly I don't know what else he said because this portion of scripture just kept swirling in my head.
As you can imagine having 4 kids and a BUSY husband it can get a bit crazy around here. But that is no excuse for the tone of voice I use when speaking to the hubs or the cheerio gang. I am notorious for saying to the cheerio gang (when the noise level is on def con 10 and they are trying to negotiate out of eating their broccoli) "I do not negotiate with terrorists." Or when I had enough of the fighting or the ultimate button push "you're not my best friend anymore" has been said 153 times that day, I will tell the tattler, "I don't want to hear it. Work it out yourself."
I guess I am not being a very good picture of Jesus to my children. I am sure glad that my God doesn't tell me this.
I am saddened I am not perfect. I am encouraged that my Jesus is! With his strength I can speak life into my kids and not the angry mom voice. I am thankf that God gave me those words from James and that he forgives me when my words are not pleasing to HIM.
I am saddened I am not perfect. I am encouraged that my Jesus is! With his strength I can speak life into my kids and not the angry mom voice. I am thankf that God gave me those words from James and that he forgives me when my words are not pleasing to HIM.
I am also super excited that Hill is starting her link up again. She has amazing things to say so go check out her blog and link up to her picture me {im}perfectly.

Go ahead steal a button and link up and become a member of the cheerio gang.


thank you!!! your words are always so poignant. thank you for sharing them with the world. I love hearing what God is doing in the lives of others. and thank you for being such a faithful liner-upper! xoxo.
ReplyDelete