This week I had a reminder of how sweet God's grace is! I offered to watch a neighbor's baby for a few hours. This baby and my baby are 1 year apart.
It wasn't so long ago I had a 4 yr old, a 1 yr old and a newborn. I don't remember much of those days. I wander how I got anything done? Did anyone wear clean clothes? Did anyone eat? How did we survived? God's grace! As I was holding the crying baby and my 1 yr old was toddling between trying to help and destroying my house, I remembered those days. Today I got a shower and I am sure on those days I did not. I am dressed. Those were the days I wore a lot of sweat pants. God's grace was perfect for those moments of absolute pandemonium. God's grace is perfect for today in the moments when I don't know what to do next as a parent of an 8 yr old, 5 yr old, 4 yr old and a 1 yr old.
Most of the morning was spent with #4 waving HI at him and #4 trying to feed him with a play bottle. He did not like that and she did not like that he did not like it. Baby A finally decided his best option was to take a nap in the crib upstairs away from helping toddlers.
It wasn't so long ago I had a 4 yr old, a 1 yr old and a newborn. I don't remember much of those days. I wander how I got anything done? Did anyone wear clean clothes? Did anyone eat? How did we survived? God's grace! As I was holding the crying baby and my 1 yr old was toddling between trying to help and destroying my house, I remembered those days. Today I got a shower and I am sure on those days I did not. I am dressed. Those were the days I wore a lot of sweat pants. God's grace was perfect for those moments of absolute pandemonium. God's grace is perfect for today in the moments when I don't know what to do next as a parent of an 8 yr old, 5 yr old, 4 yr old and a 1 yr old.

Comments
Post a Comment