So recently we've had a lot of candy out because of the potty training. USUALLY #2 does her business on the potty and #1 gives her some candy. We have a system....now lets look at what happened when the system broke down. SIGH
I sent child #2 out of the bathroom while I cleaned up and then went back to cooking dinner. She was to take the candy cup (with the lid on) to child #1 and get her ONE piece. Well that didn't' exactly happen. I realized after just a minute or so of complete silence that #2 was MIA. I asked her sister where she was and she told me that she never came with the candy. We found her in her favorite hiding spot-behind the green chair. Which is currently pushed up against the wall. So its a nice cozy dark spot.
I found her covered in candy juice-multicolored juice. It was gross. She musta eaten 12 skittles and 6 candy corn. She had wiped it in her hair, her face was completely covered, her jamies her white feathered chicken baby, the floor, and the back of the chair. YES everything was covered. Oh and she had just had a bath.
EYES CLOSED AND DEEP BREATHES!
So I thought for a moment about what our sin must look like to God. Let's be honest toddlers are the best object lesson for sin.
1. We hide in the darkness and behind whatever we can. We hide behind our hurts, failures, insecurities, our lack of belief, fame, convienence or whatever Satan can use to lose our focus.
2. We might think one little skittle "sin" isn't bad or it won't hurt anyone or anything but before we know it we are knee deep in skittle juice. We look up and we are covered in it and we are 16 skittles into the indulgence.
3. Sin is messy. Not only are are we covered but everything and everyone around us gets covered, too.
4. It take a lot of patience and time and effort to get it all cleaned up. Only one, Jesus Christ, can make us clean again.
Just some rambling thoughts from a mom who has 3 beautiful but imperfect children. Thank you Jesus for them!
{Im}perfectly perfect
I sent child #2 out of the bathroom while I cleaned up and then went back to cooking dinner. She was to take the candy cup (with the lid on) to child #1 and get her ONE piece. Well that didn't' exactly happen. I realized after just a minute or so of complete silence that #2 was MIA. I asked her sister where she was and she told me that she never came with the candy. We found her in her favorite hiding spot-behind the green chair. Which is currently pushed up against the wall. So its a nice cozy dark spot.
I found her covered in candy juice-multicolored juice. It was gross. She musta eaten 12 skittles and 6 candy corn. She had wiped it in her hair, her face was completely covered, her jamies her white feathered chicken baby, the floor, and the back of the chair. YES everything was covered. Oh and she had just had a bath.
EYES CLOSED AND DEEP BREATHES!
So I thought for a moment about what our sin must look like to God. Let's be honest toddlers are the best object lesson for sin.
1. We hide in the darkness and behind whatever we can. We hide behind our hurts, failures, insecurities, our lack of belief, fame, convienence or whatever Satan can use to lose our focus.
2. We might think one little skittle "sin" isn't bad or it won't hurt anyone or anything but before we know it we are knee deep in skittle juice. We look up and we are covered in it and we are 16 skittles into the indulgence.
3. Sin is messy. Not only are are we covered but everything and everyone around us gets covered, too.
4. It take a lot of patience and time and effort to get it all cleaned up. Only one, Jesus Christ, can make us clean again.
Just some rambling thoughts from a mom who has 3 beautiful but imperfect children. Thank you Jesus for them!
{Im}perfectly perfect
this is such a beautiful reminder.
ReplyDeletethank you for linking up!
xoxo.