OK so this year I am serving as a leader at CBS. Which I am loving. Every month my lovely group of ladies has a brunch. Well this month, I kinda told a few of them what to bring, selfishly. I have had certain dishes {I've had in the past} that I liked and thought it would be great if they brought them. Thus Laura brought my favorite dish {per my persuasion, er, I mean gentle request} baked oatmeal.
I forgot to take a picture of it when I made it for my kids {who also loved it} but here's the lowdown.
3 eggs (beaten)
5 cups of old fashion oatmeal
1 cup of oil or applesauce
2 cups of milk (I use soy)
1 cup of brown sugar
3 tsp of cinnamon
2 tsp of vanilla
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp of baking soda
Mix all together and pour into a grease pan (9x13). Bake at 350 for 25 min (glass) or 30 min (metal).
Serve with fresh or frozen fruit. I have also put dried fruit or blueberries into the mix.
*Makes A LOT so in can be cut in half using a smaller brownie pan
*Can be refrigerated and eaten all week
Try it you'll like it!
I forgot to take a picture of it when I made it for my kids {who also loved it} but here's the lowdown.
3 eggs (beaten)
5 cups of old fashion oatmeal
1 cup of oil or applesauce
2 cups of milk (I use soy)
1 cup of brown sugar
3 tsp of cinnamon
2 tsp of vanilla
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp of baking soda
Mix all together and pour into a grease pan (9x13). Bake at 350 for 25 min (glass) or 30 min (metal).
Serve with fresh or frozen fruit. I have also put dried fruit or blueberries into the mix.
*Makes A LOT so in can be cut in half using a smaller brownie pan
*Can be refrigerated and eaten all week
Try it you'll like it!
I seriously LOVE baked oatmeal!! One of the best breakfast dishes!
ReplyDelete