We have now entered the note giving stage in my kindergartners life. Before when she was angry or upset we would just see pictures taped to her door with sad or teary eyed faces. But she knows how to sound out words now....
Here's what went down. She was REAL excited to see the stockings hung at the fireplace. She decided to start drawing pictures as her gifts to everyone and put it in their stocking. But she's dangling off the edge of the couch to lean over then splat a stocking comes down and the ceramic holder breaks into a few pieces. She and her dad have a few words. {For the record I didn't hear any yelling-but she is a sensitive soul} She's devastated and runs to her room. After a few minutes I go to check on her and she is sobbing. He has hurt her feelings (I think she used the word HATE). I tell her to go and talk to him, instead she comes down with this note and picture....

They had a discussion and apologies were said. She ran back up to her room. A few minutes later she returned and nothing was said. I went up to her room and saw this note with a smiley face picture....
{Thank you for giving me a hug}
GULP...hold back the tears people, hold back the tears!
Here's what went down. She was REAL excited to see the stockings hung at the fireplace. She decided to start drawing pictures as her gifts to everyone and put it in their stocking. But she's dangling off the edge of the couch to lean over then splat a stocking comes down and the ceramic holder breaks into a few pieces. She and her dad have a few words. {For the record I didn't hear any yelling-but she is a sensitive soul} She's devastated and runs to her room. After a few minutes I go to check on her and she is sobbing. He has hurt her feelings (I think she used the word HATE). I tell her to go and talk to him, instead she comes down with this note and picture....

{He yelled and me mad Dad my feelings got hurt because}

They had a discussion and apologies were said. She ran back up to her room. A few minutes later she returned and nothing was said. I went up to her room and saw this note with a smiley face picture....
{Thank you for giving me a hug}GULP...hold back the tears people, hold back the tears!

oh my goodness....love this! i love keeping the girls' writings!
ReplyDelete