Skip to main content

worry


    Matthew 6:25-34 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? ...


One month until 2 of my kids start school. ONE MONTH people! So last week we spent the fortune on school supplies. It also crossed my mind that the shorts and sun dresses would not suffice in the cold Midwest winters that would be coming oh too soon. I went down to the basement of no return to look at the buckets/bins/bags of clothes given to us by friends and family. Having 4 kids to clothe and feed this go to spot of clothing has been such a blessing. I have been so blessed as to never purchased a winter coat for my kids.  But this time their was no bin, no bucket, no bag.....nothing in her size. All the other kids have plenty but not #1. A few bags of PJ's, a few shirts, and couple of jeans had made it to their holding location in her closet, but there wasn't the over abundance of choices that she is accustomed too.

If I were a shopper this would be an amazing opportunity to shop til I dropped. But I am not.  These days most of my shopping happens online. Ebates.com has been one way I can justify my shopping. They give me a percentage back. woot woot.

I also am a  little sad about her not being in the cute little carter's anymore. She's a big kid and I don't always approve of the strange selections. So that means I am going to have to shop around. ewww!

I don't need to purchase her jeans, because she doesn't like to wear them. She loves skirts and dresses, so leggings are a must. I am so glad that the layered look is in. She has plenty to wear until mid September. whew! But worry is now starting to creep in....

Why do I worry? God has provided for us in such amazing ways in the past. Why do I quickly forget this? I am going to trust that God will again surprise us with an amazing blessing. I will be confident in knowing that HE is in control. I will not let the enemy consume me with worry and distrust. I will not worry!






Comments

  1. 4 words. Once Upon A Child. I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful words. thank you yet again for a wonderful reminder... to not worry. i always need to hear that. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December Ten on Ten

It has been awhile since I've posted a Ten on Ten. Today we were away so you of course get the traveling version...and maybe a little Traveling Jesus! An early morning selfie Only the best potato chips ever! I can only get them in NW Ohio, so when in Paulding County! Traveling Jesus mad it once again through the plains of NW Ohio It's Christmas time in Antwerp! Grandma Norma, the girls, the baby and Mimi Becky...what a full house! I couldn't decide between cherry or blueberry pie, so I chose both! The sister and sister in law helping with the kids craft Add caption Leaving my parent's home Grabbed dinner out

A JOURNEY OF THE HEART

"No NO No NO NO No!" That was a recent entry into my journal. I was asked to do something that I without a shadow of a doubt knew it was God asking me to do it. AND I DIDN'T WANT TO! I literally followed it with 2 pages of ME telling God why I didn't want to do it and why I couldn't do it. Yes 2 pages.  Wow! I strapped on my toddler attitude and went to town. *Flashback to 1 month ago* Child #1's Kindergarten teacher, Kara,  also  attends the church we attend and we occasionally see each other at the same service. Well, one particular evening we got to talking and she asked me to join our church's version of VBS. We go to the west side {off campus} of town to the Somalian population and do a day time VBS and lunch for these kids for an entire week. Cool part, my own kids can come and be apart of the "missions trip."  What an invaluable a lesson to my kids to show love to others! Kara is heading crafts and wanted me to craft it up with her. ...

serving with a grateful heart

1 Peter 4:10 "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." This year my little gang of cheerios and I have been working on being intentional about serving. To be honest for a long time the excuses of having to many littles was beginning to wear thin. Now I have been looking for opportunities that my littles could easily accomplish. Yesterday, we attended a Lenten service at our church. It was a beautiful Prayer walk. We walked through stations, preparing our hearts for this season of Lent. It was a perfect activity for our family to do together. In the Lenten study package was The Names of God Bible reading challenge . I am really thrilled to focus in on the Names of God for this season. Preparing my heart for the Easter season. So today, the sanctuary needed cleaned. All the stations needed put back in the closets and offices that they were borrowed from. Little ...