Well last week we had a visit from the tooth fairy. #1's tooth has been quite wiggly for some time. She would only wiggle with her tongue.She wouldn't touch it or let anyone else. We knew it was coming to the end of its life span when the tooth behind it was coming in rapidly. Well at exactly 3:40 am (yes the middle of the night people) she woke me to tell me her tooth had fallen out. NO blood, NO pain...yea for her.
But the questions are how in the world did she not swallow it and why was she playing in the middle of the night with it?
At that time of day/night/delirium I was lucky to form thoughts and words. I told her the tooth fairy would not be coming she had already passed our house and that if she went back to sleep she could call her mimis and papas in the (later) am. PS I don't think she went back to sleep because at 6:15 she hopped right out of bed. I held her off until 7 o'clock ish to start calling people.
She was so excited to go to sleep that night with her tooth in her tooth pillow on her nightstand (shhh don't tell her its traditionally supposed to go under her pillow). She bounded down the stairs the next morning with 4 quarters. She thought that was a great deal too (4 for 1)!
Speaking to her today I said I was glad she didn't have another wiggly tooth, but ya know what she does and the one behind it is catching up fast too. I joked that maybe the tooth fairy may have to hitch a ride in Santa's sleigh.
But the questions are how in the world did she not swallow it and why was she playing in the middle of the night with it?
At that time of day/night/delirium I was lucky to form thoughts and words. I told her the tooth fairy would not be coming she had already passed our house and that if she went back to sleep she could call her mimis and papas in the (later) am. PS I don't think she went back to sleep because at 6:15 she hopped right out of bed. I held her off until 7 o'clock ish to start calling people.
She was so excited to go to sleep that night with her tooth in her tooth pillow on her nightstand (shhh don't tell her its traditionally supposed to go under her pillow). She bounded down the stairs the next morning with 4 quarters. She thought that was a great deal too (4 for 1)!
{If you haven't read this book its definitely one worth reading "Gone with the Wand" by Margie Palantini. Its a tooth fairy take on fairy-dom. }
Speaking to her today I said I was glad she didn't have another wiggly tooth, but ya know what she does and the one behind it is catching up fast too. I joked that maybe the tooth fairy may have to hitch a ride in Santa's sleigh.
Comments
Post a Comment