So God has been teaching a lot about praying this year. I've seen God work through prayer but haven't always been disciplined enough to be considered a "prayer warrior". I've been led to do some interesting things over the years. I was praying for a friend who was ill, so I prayed for her everytime I saw a CVS {there were 3} from work to home. It was an amazing time. This year God has urged me to write in a journal. Its been great time spending time with God. I've never been one to pray specific scripture to specific situations. God is working with me he has stuck me in the Psalms for the past 6 months. He has given me specific scripture for a friend who is battling cancer. He has given me scripture to read over the phone (and pray) with/to my husband who's stressing out over some things. It has been amazing time for me to listen to God' word.
Recently we've been studying 2 Kings at CBS and we read about King Hezekiah (19:14.) The king got a letter from King Sennacherib of Assyria. He took the insulting letter and spread it out before the Lord and prayed. Now he had already been taunted by this king and each time King Hezekiah went to the Lord FIRST.
I love the picture of King Hezekiah laying this letter out before God. How simple yet how many times do I not lay out my problems before my God FIRST.
So my husband is in a particularly stressful situation right now. And nothing seems to be happening. I have been praying for him and no answer yet. So here's the plan God gave me...
Lay out the problem on paper and bow down before God and pray for 7 days. He also gave me these 3 verses:
{ROMANS 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."}
{MICAH 6:8 " He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."}
{2 CORINTHIANS 12:9 " But he has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness so that Christ's power may rest in me." }
Deuteronomy 6: 4-9 "Hear O Israel: The LORD our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all you soul and with all our strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates."
Recently we've been studying 2 Kings at CBS and we read about King Hezekiah (19:14.) The king got a letter from King Sennacherib of Assyria. He took the insulting letter and spread it out before the Lord and prayed. Now he had already been taunted by this king and each time King Hezekiah went to the Lord FIRST.
I love the picture of King Hezekiah laying this letter out before God. How simple yet how many times do I not lay out my problems before my God FIRST.
So my husband is in a particularly stressful situation right now. And nothing seems to be happening. I have been praying for him and no answer yet. So here's the plan God gave me...
Lay out the problem on paper and bow down before God and pray for 7 days. He also gave me these 3 verses:
{ROMANS 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."}
{MICAH 6:8 " He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."}
{2 CORINTHIANS 12:9 " But he has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness so that Christ's power may rest in me." }
So I will be writing these verses and posting them around my house. Visible reminders of who God is! Praise be to God.
Deuteronomy 6: 4-9 "Hear O Israel: The LORD our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all you soul and with all our strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates."
AWESOME!! I am encouraged by your testimony of how the Lord is working in your life. The Word of the Lord is AMAZING! So alive and so true!
ReplyDelete