Boundries~ we all need them but we don't always like them. Boundries go hand in hand with obedience. That just stinks sometimes. Just because sometimes obedience isn't any fun. I have a 6 year old, 3 year old and a 2 yr old so we are ALL ABOUT the boundries and obedience.
Like~
No, you may not jump on...the bed...the couch...your sister
You must wear a coat when it is snowing outside.....
You need to stay where mommy is in the yard and not run out of sight...
You need to pick up those toys before they get stepped on....
You may not wear those pants AGAIN...they are dirty....for the 4th day...
You see pooh bear loves THOSE stripey pants.Why does she like them? They are colorful, loud,"goes" with everything...they are HER. That's her personality on fabric. She would LOVE to wear them everyday...if I let her.
But you see I have to be the mean mommy and say no. I have to set the boundries. I have to tell her no you can't talk to me in that tone.....BUT I LOVE YOU!
I love you so that's why I set these boundries. I don't always like them. I think somedays it would be easier to let her wear the the stripey pants AGAIN, but that's not doing my job as a mommy. Now somedays I am super nice and I wash the pants so she can wear them several days in a row...and somedays I am the meanest mommy and I hide the pants in the bottom of my laundry basket so that she can't wear them but will ask me 125 times in 1 hour about the stripey pants.
God gives me boundries too. I don't always like it. I don't always want to be obedient to HIS word. But sometimes HE tells me no or wait. But HE still loves me. He still sent his son to die on the cross for me even though HE knew I was going to be disobedient and not like the boundries he set for me.
"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" Isaiah 30:18
I am linking up to Capturing Motherhood.




beautiful post. thank you for linking up! xoxo.
ReplyDeleteoh, girl! how i can TOTALLY relate to this post!!! my 3 year old daughter told me the other day "Gavin's mom makes me happy. NOT YOU. I'm mad at YOU!" inside i was laughing a little and dreading my life in about 12 years. but. i still kept my boundaries. love this so much!
ReplyDelete