So on Monday, I decided that it might be fun to make a yummy valentine's treat with the kids. I thought how fun would those cake pops thingys be...hmmm...I have yellow cake, pink frosting, and lots of sprinkles. The only thing I didn't have is the sucker sticks but we would do without. I read the directions...and no where in them did it mention: THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MESSIEST SNACK/CRAFT YOU'VE EVER DONE~BE PREPARED!"
So pooh bear and I began by baking a cake early in the morning to allow plenty of cooling time. We then broke up the cake into itty bitty just clean my floor pieces and added a can of prepared strawberry frosting.
She and I rolled into balls and put them into the fridge for proper cooling. AND CLEANED UP THE MESSIEST CAKE/FROSTING CONCOCTION!
Then I melted some chocolate chips {I thought strawberries and chocolate was a good combination} and set out some sprinkles. and then came the real messy part. I dipped and let the kids sprinkled. Three kids jockeying for BEST sprinkle position. It rained sprinkles, people! OH IT WAS SUCH A MESSY SNACK! But kinda tasty!
So pooh bear and I began by baking a cake early in the morning to allow plenty of cooling time. We then broke up the cake into itty bitty just clean my floor pieces and added a can of prepared strawberry frosting.
She and I rolled into balls and put them into the fridge for proper cooling. AND CLEANED UP THE MESSIEST CAKE/FROSTING CONCOCTION!
Then I melted some chocolate chips {I thought strawberries and chocolate was a good combination} and set out some sprinkles. and then came the real messy part. I dipped and let the kids sprinkled. Three kids jockeying for BEST sprinkle position. It rained sprinkles, people! OH IT WAS SUCH A MESSY SNACK! But kinda tasty!
Happy Valentine's Day!








Comments
Post a Comment