The bus stop is only 4 houses away. Our school district prefers for all Kindergarten and 1st grade parents to be at the stop for drop off and pick up. And as a mother hen that's how I like it too.
Its also the black hole of misbehavior. WHY?? I have to take the little kids down twice a day and some days it takes everything I have not to cry. I have just a few rules: no running up the neighbors drive way and making their dogs bark and no running in others yards. SIMPLE RIGHT? WRONG! It seems no matter how much I remind them that's just what they want to do. If I take them down in the stroller they seem to do scream "I want out!" or kick and hit each other.
The bus stop seems to bring out the worst in my kids. I want to yell to my neighbors their not that bad usually. They listen MOST of the time. People their 2 &3 years old...they are just trying out their boundaries EVERY day.
By the time the 5-10 minute trip (depending how late the bus is) is over, I am worn out. I want to cry. I am embarrassed. I am furious. I resent the bus stop.
I know I have to be consistent with the little kids. Some days. Someday I would like to give child #1 a little more attention as she heads off to school. I don't even think I kissed her this morning. OH THE BUS STOP!
I am liking up here to see other's perfect lives.
Its also the black hole of misbehavior. WHY?? I have to take the little kids down twice a day and some days it takes everything I have not to cry. I have just a few rules: no running up the neighbors drive way and making their dogs bark and no running in others yards. SIMPLE RIGHT? WRONG! It seems no matter how much I remind them that's just what they want to do. If I take them down in the stroller they seem to do scream "I want out!" or kick and hit each other.
The bus stop seems to bring out the worst in my kids. I want to yell to my neighbors their not that bad usually. They listen MOST of the time. People their 2 &3 years old...they are just trying out their boundaries EVERY day.
By the time the 5-10 minute trip (depending how late the bus is) is over, I am worn out. I want to cry. I am embarrassed. I am furious. I resent the bus stop.
I know I have to be consistent with the little kids. Some days. Someday I would like to give child #1 a little more attention as she heads off to school. I don't even think I kissed her this morning. OH THE BUS STOP!
I am liking up here to see other's perfect lives.

Thank you for linking up and for sharing your vulnerabilities in bogland. It totally struck a chord for me when you said its your frustrations that get you the most. Totally the same for me. Thank you for being so failithful in linking up!
ReplyDeleteXoxo.