Remember the post about the NOTE that I wrote last month....well I mentioned at the end that child #1 wanted a BIBLE. So finally during her spring break we went to the Christian book store so that she could choose her first REAL Bible.
She looked up and down the children's Bible aisle. And do you know what she chose? A real non-kiddy NIV Bible. Nothing about being God's little princess or a children's study this was a honest to goodness small print Bible. Not fluff just God's word. Yes its pink and sparkly on the outside but on the inside its all God's word.
She was so excited to get into it. It take us 15 minutes to get home from the store and she was scouring her Bible to find her verse she was memorizing at church. 2 Thess 3:13 "Never tire of doing what's right."
Since then she's looked up verses she's memorized from CBS, church and dance class. She doesn't want to just take our word that this is what God's word says. She wants to look it up for herself. She's constantly reading to us from the Bible.
Wow! Now as her mom I could take credit for her amazing desire for knowing and seeking God, but truly I have little to do with this desire. Its God given. Its deep inside her given as a gift from her CREATOR. I just get to be a witness to this amazing time in her life. I pray that she will never lose this desire.
Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Go on over to see what Hill has to say!
She looked up and down the children's Bible aisle. And do you know what she chose? A real non-kiddy NIV Bible. Nothing about being God's little princess or a children's study this was a honest to goodness small print Bible. Not fluff just God's word. Yes its pink and sparkly on the outside but on the inside its all God's word.
She was so excited to get into it. It take us 15 minutes to get home from the store and she was scouring her Bible to find her verse she was memorizing at church. 2 Thess 3:13 "Never tire of doing what's right."
Since then she's looked up verses she's memorized from CBS, church and dance class. She doesn't want to just take our word that this is what God's word says. She wants to look it up for herself. She's constantly reading to us from the Bible.
Wow! Now as her mom I could take credit for her amazing desire for knowing and seeking God, but truly I have little to do with this desire. Its God given. Its deep inside her given as a gift from her CREATOR. I just get to be a witness to this amazing time in her life. I pray that she will never lose this desire.
Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Go on over to see what Hill has to say!


beautiful, beautiful post. thank you for linking up and for sharing in His goodness.
ReplyDeletexoxo.