On every corner in our small city there seems to be a drive through bank or coffee place. Even a "quick serve" Mediterranean restaurant verses the drive through burger place near us. We don't slow down for much these days. We want to know. We want 21 channels of news and weather on our TV. We want to be in control of all our surroundings.Never have I been more frustrated with our impatient-instant gratification-drive thru society than through this pregnancy.
I am 39 weeks and 1 day. I don't know the sex of our baby.
I know can you believe it. Its so unheard of these days. I have heard more in the last weeks questioning why my doctor doesn't check one more time to tell us what the baby is...or why isn't the Dr going to induce you? Even my children ask my belly "what are you baby? when are you coming to meet us baby?" Innocent impatient questions on their part.
Recognition of our impatient pull our selves up from our bootstraps society for me. What a foreign concept: waiting on God's perfect timing. Waiting on the Lord Almighty.
Yes, I am getting anxious about the arrival about the baby. I have so many questions...where will my other children be at the time...will my water break in public or will the contractions just come on at home....will I have to be induced....BUT I've recently come to the conclusion that this is a sweet time for me and ABBA.
I need to rely on the Sovereignty of my God. I need to rest in HIM. Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."
Based on past births I would have guessed I would have gone around Easter time, but I didn't. And God is good because my father in laws father died. My husband and his family traveled 3+ hours away to the funeral. My husband would have had to put the pedal to the metal. My in laws are my back up. Now I had 2 very dear friends on stand by. And they would have done anything necessary. But God is good and chose not to have this baby come into such a chaotic situation. What an emotional roller coaster that would have been.
Isaiah 30:18 "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are those who wait for him."
So have I been blessed during this time of wait. Yes! My hubs and I have been able to spend time with our 3 kids doing fun family stuff. We went out for some add your own topping yogurt shop and even went to 2 science hands on museums over the past few weeks.
Psalm 40:1 "I waited patiently for the Lord he turned to me and heard my cry."
So as I am still 39 weeks and 1 day, I will learn today to wait....
Go over to Hill's blog and see what she and other's have to say.
I am 39 weeks and 1 day. I don't know the sex of our baby.
I know can you believe it. Its so unheard of these days. I have heard more in the last weeks questioning why my doctor doesn't check one more time to tell us what the baby is...or why isn't the Dr going to induce you? Even my children ask my belly "what are you baby? when are you coming to meet us baby?" Innocent impatient questions on their part.
Recognition of our impatient pull our selves up from our bootstraps society for me. What a foreign concept: waiting on God's perfect timing. Waiting on the Lord Almighty.
Yes, I am getting anxious about the arrival about the baby. I have so many questions...where will my other children be at the time...will my water break in public or will the contractions just come on at home....will I have to be induced....BUT I've recently come to the conclusion that this is a sweet time for me and ABBA.
I need to rely on the Sovereignty of my God. I need to rest in HIM. Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."
Based on past births I would have guessed I would have gone around Easter time, but I didn't. And God is good because my father in laws father died. My husband and his family traveled 3+ hours away to the funeral. My husband would have had to put the pedal to the metal. My in laws are my back up. Now I had 2 very dear friends on stand by. And they would have done anything necessary. But God is good and chose not to have this baby come into such a chaotic situation. What an emotional roller coaster that would have been.
Isaiah 30:18 "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are those who wait for him."
So have I been blessed during this time of wait. Yes! My hubs and I have been able to spend time with our 3 kids doing fun family stuff. We went out for some add your own topping yogurt shop and even went to 2 science hands on museums over the past few weeks.
Psalm 40:1 "I waited patiently for the Lord he turned to me and heard my cry."
So as I am still 39 weeks and 1 day, I will learn today to wait....
Go over to Hill's blog and see what she and other's have to say.


this is beautiful - yet again. what a nice reminder to us all to slow way down. thank you for your faithfulness in linking up!
ReplyDeletexoxo.