So I've noticed that when I fill in the "what am I wearing" line on my simple woman's day book I often always put sweat pants. Patten? yes, sigh!
Okay, so here's my confession. I live in my {capri} sweatpants. I mean I go to bed in them and I may or may not continue to wear them for that day or several days. I have several pairs. They are so comfortable when I am chasing my little ones. Especially when I have no place to go. But I may or may not wear them in public.
My girls disapprove. They are girly to a fault. Layers of jewelry and tiaras. Skirts or dresses only.The spinney-er the better. In fact if it doesn't pass the spinney test it can't be worn. I have to make my 6 year old wear pants on gym days.This summer they were completely appalled that I didn't own more skirts. I did purchase a cute skirt at Marshall's this summer on the cheaps. It cute and spinney. They approve. It brings my skirt total up to TWO!
In fact one time I was getting ready to head out to a friends house and I was in my fav pants and with gasps of disapproval they both said, "You are not going out in that are you?" Uh no...so leaving them strapped into the van I quickly changed into denim capris and a dressier t-shirt. I don't know why they didn't appreciate the 15 year old worn in one I was wearing.
I am becoming quite the lazy dresser these days. Its a good thing I've got my little fashion police to keep me on track!
Go see what's happening here.
Okay, so here's my confession. I live in my {capri} sweatpants. I mean I go to bed in them and I may or may not continue to wear them for that day or several days. I have several pairs. They are so comfortable when I am chasing my little ones. Especially when I have no place to go. But I may or may not wear them in public.
My girls disapprove. They are girly to a fault. Layers of jewelry and tiaras. Skirts or dresses only.The spinney-er the better. In fact if it doesn't pass the spinney test it can't be worn. I have to make my 6 year old wear pants on gym days.This summer they were completely appalled that I didn't own more skirts. I did purchase a cute skirt at Marshall's this summer on the cheaps. It cute and spinney. They approve. It brings my skirt total up to TWO!
In fact one time I was getting ready to head out to a friends house and I was in my fav pants and with gasps of disapproval they both said, "You are not going out in that are you?" Uh no...so leaving them strapped into the van I quickly changed into denim capris and a dressier t-shirt. I don't know why they didn't appreciate the 15 year old worn in one I was wearing.
I am becoming quite the lazy dresser these days. Its a good thing I've got my little fashion police to keep me on track!
Go see what's happening here.

Jen, I think it's okay. :) I only have ONE pair and I wear them 2 or 3 times a week when I'm at home. Why should we wear uncomfy clothes when we are constantly caring for kids, bending over, getting down on the floor, laundry, sweeping, etc. At least you have multiples pairs and you own other clothes in case you wanted to wear something different. I was just thinking the other day how I wanted to get myself a few more pairs. :)
ReplyDeletethat's hysterical. there sure is something about little girls that make them care about what their mother is wearing! thank you for linking up! xoxo.
ReplyDelete