I feeling overwhelmed. All I want to do is keep my little ones safe but I don't know if I can keep up at this pace.
My little guy was just tested and he has more allergies to items than we thought. Along with strawberries, chocolate, milk, tomatoes and peanuts our new list includes wheat, corn, oak, molds, and grass. For most of his reactions his eczema flairs up on his arms and legs. When he eats peanuts his body becomes one whole blister. He itches. He cries. Sometimes his stomach is so upset that he can't sleep...for days. Its not a pleasant time.
Pooh bear fortunately only has a dairy allergy. She just doesn't sleep and spends alot of time on the potty.
The hardest part {besides cooking 2-3 different versions of meals at each meal} is that he doesn't understand why he can't have some of the items the girls or mommy and daddy are having. Things he liked up until yesterday. Things we gave him unknowingly.
I wrote several emails this week. I had to let the preschool director at church know. So that he can have a very obnoxious name tag that alerts his teachers.They give snacks. I am going to have to bring his snack. I also had to let our Bible study coordinator know what to expect. Its the wheat allergy that is throwing me into a tailspin. Everyone has been so accommodating regarding his allergies up to this point. But now....it looks like mama's gonna need to bring a dairy, wheat, corn, peanut free snack. UMMMMM...got any ideas of what a snack would be while his friends are eating yummy animal crackers or pretzels.
I am thankful allergen free food is readily available and not nearly as costly as it may have been even 15 years ago. I am thankful he can eat most meats, fruits and vegetables. I am thankful he is healthy. I thankful I know what his allergies are and I can eliminate those from his diet.
Child #1 thought it would be a good idea if we {mostly mama} would volunteer in little man's and sissy's room at church. Actually at first she suggested momma to sissy and daddy to bubby. Then she said, "well with sissy allergies it might be easier for daddy. Since her allergies are easy-peasy." Atleast she has faith in me.
When the girls "cook" they always make sure its something that little man can eat. "Mommy this ice cream is made with soy and no chocolate. Oh this is a cake but I will take the strawberries off so Little man can eat it." I don't know how many soy soups {with a secret ingredient} I've had this year from Iron Chef Pooh Bear. We think and talk about it all the time. The girls are very cautious about sharing food. They always ask if its something he can have when we are home and out. I am truly thankful for that!
Its just hard. Its like juggling balls in the air all the time...I just afraid because I am a pretty clumsy person.
Mark 10:27 "...with God all things are possible."
My little guy was just tested and he has more allergies to items than we thought. Along with strawberries, chocolate, milk, tomatoes and peanuts our new list includes wheat, corn, oak, molds, and grass. For most of his reactions his eczema flairs up on his arms and legs. When he eats peanuts his body becomes one whole blister. He itches. He cries. Sometimes his stomach is so upset that he can't sleep...for days. Its not a pleasant time.
Pooh bear fortunately only has a dairy allergy. She just doesn't sleep and spends alot of time on the potty.
The hardest part {besides cooking 2-3 different versions of meals at each meal} is that he doesn't understand why he can't have some of the items the girls or mommy and daddy are having. Things he liked up until yesterday. Things we gave him unknowingly.
I wrote several emails this week. I had to let the preschool director at church know. So that he can have a very obnoxious name tag that alerts his teachers.They give snacks. I am going to have to bring his snack. I also had to let our Bible study coordinator know what to expect. Its the wheat allergy that is throwing me into a tailspin. Everyone has been so accommodating regarding his allergies up to this point. But now....it looks like mama's gonna need to bring a dairy, wheat, corn, peanut free snack. UMMMMM...got any ideas of what a snack would be while his friends are eating yummy animal crackers or pretzels.
I am thankful allergen free food is readily available and not nearly as costly as it may have been even 15 years ago. I am thankful he can eat most meats, fruits and vegetables. I am thankful he is healthy. I thankful I know what his allergies are and I can eliminate those from his diet.
Child #1 thought it would be a good idea if we {mostly mama} would volunteer in little man's and sissy's room at church. Actually at first she suggested momma to sissy and daddy to bubby. Then she said, "well with sissy allergies it might be easier for daddy. Since her allergies are easy-peasy." Atleast she has faith in me.
When the girls "cook" they always make sure its something that little man can eat. "Mommy this ice cream is made with soy and no chocolate. Oh this is a cake but I will take the strawberries off so Little man can eat it." I don't know how many soy soups {with a secret ingredient} I've had this year from Iron Chef Pooh Bear. We think and talk about it all the time. The girls are very cautious about sharing food. They always ask if its something he can have when we are home and out. I am truly thankful for that!
Its just hard. Its like juggling balls in the air all the time...I just afraid because I am a pretty clumsy person.
Mark 10:27 "...with God all things are possible."
Praying for you. I can't imagine how tough it is not only to fix different meals at the same time but to have to constantly be thinking and watching. Praying you have some good support from people who are walking the same road. Hugs.
ReplyDelete